User avatar

Jay

  • Lounge, The Re: What's twilight?

    What's Twilight? You don't want to know. Of course, I'm biased, seeing as I dislike werewolves, vampires, and love stories. So make of that what you will.

    Feb 24, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: One Question

    Sounds like Adventure to me.

    Feb 24, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Maus, which is like a comic book love story about WW2 and the Holocaust. The Jews are represented as mice, the Germans are cats, and the Polish are pigs. It's ...

    Feb 24, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Guardians Prologue and Chapter One

    I love the way the characters interact with each other. Natura's interactions with her family and Christiana are very realistic. I also like the balance between the realism and the ...

    Feb 24, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Prologue to Omni-Fate

    Wow, you've definitely spent a lot of time and effort on this, and I applaud you for that. It's very large-scale and serious. What age group are you aiming for ...

    Feb 24, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Arriere Pensee Chapter 3

    The up side: This is so polished and realistic. It is detailed without becoming bogged down, and the pacing is fresh and lively. The down side: Renee sounds like Genevieve's ...

    Feb 24, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Breaking and Entering

    This is a powerful and promising opening with a lot of detail. It could be improved a lot by cutting out some of the longer sentences. It is not necessary ...

    Feb 24, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Changes: Chapter 1

    Wow, this is very polished and professional! The protagonist's feelings are very convincing and realistic, as is her relationship with her mother. And this is coming from someone who doesn't ...

    Feb 21, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: The Misadventures of Nicky and Lanni, Part 1

    Hi, welcome to YWS! We have a policy that you have to review two pieces for every bit of work you submit, so you have to do 2 reviews to ...

    Feb 21, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Choose a hero

    I wrote a story involving a high school aged goddess who played a mentor role to the main character. She turned out to be quite the Mary Sue. I like ...

    Oct 19, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Delihla Bee full part 1!

    Hey, I've been waiting for the next part of this story! I think it's gone a little downhill, to be honest. When it started out, I really liked the upbeat, ...

    Sep 20, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Death Trilogy-Book 1-Chapter 1

    Can your friend think of a better name than 'The Death Trilogy'? If I saw something on the shelf entitled 'The Death Trilogy' I wouldn't want to read it. It ...

    Sep 20, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: He/She Rocks My Socks

    Hi Heidi! I hope you have fun here. If you put up a story or a poem, send me a PM and I'll see if I can write a review.

    Sep 20, 2008
  • Novel Workshop Re: Beyond the Doorway of Doom Chapter 2

    Well, I don't usually like things that involve "cold, dark, and reeking of bodily fluids, split and rotting flesh". The phrase 'his knuckles started to turn black and blue, and ...

    Sep 20, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Book ideas: Having so much trouble thinking up one!!!

    I've developed a very methodical and efficient way of writing. I think of the idea, and plan out each chapter. Then I start working on it, and I can never ...

    Sep 8, 2008


One by one they went / And, though each laughed as he returned to earth / Their souls were in their eyes.
— Alfred Noyes (Watchers of the Sky)