User avatar

Jay

  • Writers Corner Re: New plans, thoughts, notes, etc.

    Keep with one idea at a time! Don't try to write half a dozen things at once. You will go crazy and not have time for anything else. I suggest ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: I've been working on the same novel for four years!

    Why don't you post some here, and get some advice and encouragement? 170 pages is impressive. My stories average 30-50 pages. I suggest you post the first chapter, or the ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: New Story Idea (so far)

    Sounds brilliant-In the story I'm editing/refining, I'm trying to get the teen drama-paranormal balance, so I'll be watching this to see what ideas you have.

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: The Story of the Saddest Smiley Face Ever.

    The cute and cuddly: There's just something irresistible about this-something eccentric and unassuming. It's a completely unique idea, and I would really like it to be a bit longer. I ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Special Powers(Need ideas)

    He could be able to gain super-strength by hugging people! Nourishment for the soul and all that. It could also make for some interesting soap-style drama.

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Feasible -Character dislikes the way their story is written?

    Breaking the fourth wall makes my heart sing and dance with joy. It makes the beautiful flowers bloom and the first rays of sunshine burst forth into the frost-edged summer ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: The Rift Progress update

    The cute and cuddly: This sounds well-planned out and entertaining. A young teenage reader will be much more interested in Ben and Steph, as the characters, than the black holes, ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Gaea and Frux- Progress Thread

    You should not be losing sleep (or weight) over writing! Writing should be for fun. That aside, I agree that this seems very organised. It's not my cup of tea, ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Historical Fiction? or not?

    I'd categorise it as Historical Fiction. I'm not sure what magazines you could send it too, but I think that instead of making it a "random battle", maybe you could ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: British Boarding School

    Cool! I love this idea! I'm going to do two, just because I like it so much... Name: Charlotte Clankley (I like alliterative names) Sex: Female Race/Ancestry: I'm undecided here. ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: I need... advice.

    It's not something I would read or write personally. I love philosophy and existential discussions, just not mixed in with my fiction. It's just not my cup of tea.

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: What do you think about the preface to my story?

    It's an impressive beginning. And the last sentence stole my heart. I think it's mysterious as well, but at the moment there's not much to go on-not much action and ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Untitled (Draft 2,and more!)

    I. Love. This. I actually like how you can't assign a particular time period to it-it's an alternative reality, and it is under 'fantasy fiction'. It feels classic and fresh ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: The Reckers

    Hi! Remember, you need to do two reviews for each piece of work you submit, so you need to do two reviews to catch up. This is pretty good, but ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: A Name For a Character

    Sorry for repeats Kerenza "Kerry" Clementine "Clem" Georgina "George" Roberta "Bobby" Bernadette "Bernard"

    Feb 24, 2009


One by one they went / And, though each laughed as he returned to earth / Their souls were in their eyes.
— Alfred Noyes (Watchers of the Sky)