User avatar

Jay

  • Writing Tips Re: To have a market or not to have a market

    Everything has a niche. Some are bigger than others, and some are much more widely appealing than others. If you are considering writing as a career, you do need to ...

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Dirt: A Noir Story

    This is a little bit too long to critique all in one chunk. Why don't you break it down and post the first small bit? I'll post a detailed critique ...

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: beverly hills murder chapter 1

    First of all, if you do add a romantic interest, don't make him die. Don't make Annie die either! At the moment, Erin has enough trauma-she's just found out her ...

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Raneer

    Hi there! I was quite impressed by this-it's unique and mysterious. It's short, suspenseful and gripping. I like how it's not too wordy. I get a mystery/fantasy/adventure vibe from it, ...

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Connected By Murder

    Wow. This is gritty, fast-paced and dramatic. I was really impressed-it's compelling without getting too heavy. "Whistfull" should be 'wistful', by the way. I think the first paragraph is unnecessary.

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Master of the Night - Chapter 1

    Hi there! Remember, for every piece of work you post, you need to post two critiques-so you need to do two critiques to catch up. This is a suspenseful, moving ...

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Love Me Until my Heart Stops

    (This is just a review of the first post) The beginning dialogue between the protagonist and her boyfriend in the beginning just seem so unrealistic for high school kids. Remember, ...

    Mar 2, 2009
  • Romantic Novels Re: How to Forget ch 1

    This is very engaging and appealing-teen drama with an intellectual, critical twist. The protagonist is very well-realized-her personality is revealed through the small details, and her candid observa

    Mar 2, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Falling Hard

    It's very powerful-short but effective. Is this going to be the start of a longer story, or will you leave it like this? I would like seeing the situation develop, ...

    Mar 2, 2009
  • Romantic Novels Re: Off Limits. -Part One- Ellie's POV

    A good beginning. This sort of thing isn't my personal cup of tea. However, from an objective perspective I like your use of detail, and how you use small details ...

    Mar 2, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: The Letter of the Statue

    You actually made me like something lovey-dovey! And that is not easy. I salute you. It's beautifully written and nearly made me cry. The idea is very unique too. It's ...

    Mar 2, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: The Diary of a Teenage Shopper

    Hi! I really enjoyed reading this-it's funny, distinctive and engaging. You have a natural fluency and style with writing. The dialogue at the end should be broken up-start a new ...

    Mar 2, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: 1rst part:ADVENTURES IN TIN KILL LAND: SECRET WORLD ABOVE US

    First of all, if this is just your rough draft, you need to rework it first. The lines should be arranged into paragraphs, and that would make your writing much ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Magius Trilogy Book I: The Black Emerald

    The good: Creative, dreamy and poetically written. You have a gift with words and I'm really interested to see the direction you take this in. I'm pleased to say that ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: I has writed a story

    The basic premise: Chuck is a young god sent to Earth to do a research mission. If he succeeds in this mission, he will be granted the powers of an ...

    Mar 1, 2009


But answer me this: how can a story end happily if there is no love?
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane