User avatar

Jay

  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Hidden Evil

    Hi Saphirra, welcome to YWS! This piece is a little long to review all in one go. I would cut it down to the first chapter. PM me when you ...

    Mar 16, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: The Purple Paperclip Part 1

    I am really impressed with this-it's my cup of tea. I actually like how the poem appears disconnected to the rest of the beginning-it gets the reader wondering about what ...

    Mar 8, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: VENGEANCE (Working Title)

    Nodding along with tnme22 and Lucy here-it is very long. But it is also very good, and it's evident you spent a lot of time and effort on this. It's ...

    Mar 8, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Prologue ~ Burned

    First of all, we have a rule that you do two reviews for every piece of work you post. So you need to do two reviews to balance this piece ...

    Mar 8, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Eternal Night

    This is too long to review in one go-why don't you cut it down to a more manageable length? PM me when you do that, and I'll do a critique ...

    Mar 8, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: TWO< THREE

    I like this. It's sweet and funny. Something about it really appeals to me. The dialogue is the standout in your writing-it's realistic and funny. The idea is also interesting, ...

    Mar 8, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Connections Part 1

    Wow, I was certainly impressed with this. It's gritty and harrowing, without being too complex or wordy. It is also very dark and mature compared with what I often see ...

    Mar 8, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Do you think this would make good book?

    This should really be in the writing section-under 'Writing' you'll see 'submit something'. But since you only joined yesterday, I'll give you a pass. Also, people need some time to ...

    Mar 8, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Can you help me??

    I like Tori's idea of using Annabel. Other ideas: Valerie Ariella or Arielle Gabriella Lucinda Aurelia Elodie Isabella Isadora

    Mar 4, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Perpetual abstinence

    Wow-this is sure impressive. It's sophisticated, quirky and different from what I usually see here. And the description is very detailed. I wasn't moved emotionally by this, but that's not ...

    Mar 4, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Iron Gate

    Wow. This was dramatic, compelling and powerful. It is very dark, and I don't really like reading dark stories, but that's more a personal issue. The description is vivid and ...

    Mar 4, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Bailey, one.

    I am so totally in love with this right now. I like the way you build up character and give the piece personality through the small, subtle details. It's also ...

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: random part of a story - revised

    Wow, this was amazing-you have lots of potential with this idea. You have a likable protagonist and an interesting and mysterious villain. It's well-described and suspenseful. Congratulations on writi

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Aela and The Leshy Part One

    Hi there! This is very long, so maybe you could cut it down a bit? When you do that, send me a PM, and I'll do a detailed critique.

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Perfect Characters?

    I prefer writing about realistic people, and I prefer reading stories where the characters show flaws and vulnerability. Atticus from To Kill A Mockingbird strikes me as a perfect character ...

    Mar 4, 2009


i like my water boneless
— cherie