User avatar

Jay

  • Writing Tips Re: Too Darn Hot

    Yes! I could not agree more with you. In my stories, romance has a very small role. In a lot of books, high school romance is portrayed in an idealized ...

    Jul 27, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: being your character

    Interesting question! I think it's my characters who act like me. They all start off based on me, then things sort of evolve from there. All the good guys have ...

    Jul 27, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Add a sentence!

    On a rainy night, an old man came knocking at the doors of a haunted castle. Three miles away a drop of water fell in the middle of a dry ...

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Novel Workshop Re: Friendship, Fantasy and Fast Food

    This is a story I just finished writing, and I'm pretty nervous about posting it here. (it's the first chapter and prologue) Here goes...

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

    I agree with Lil Dono-Hogwarts is the best thing about the Harry Potter series. I still liked the ending, though-all the loose ends were tied up nicely and I loved ...

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: I am she whom thou love

    It took me a while to figure out what the poem was saying but once I got it I thought it was a great idea expressed in a creative way. ...

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: CurlyQPride

    Like the others, I found it cute and funny. I love the line "that I will look like weird Al Yankovic"

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Brisingr (Eragon 3) Spoiler

    Well, at least those elves will get proven wrong... Oh, by the way the phrase "Galbatorix kicked Vrael in the fork of his legs" never fails to crack me up. ...

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Need an object

    Yeah, that's what I was thinking-it could be a person. Maybe a dead ancestor, or one of his descendants from the future?

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Megazoic

    You've got an original and entertaining idea. I think it's quite catchy. The writing style is effective-easy to relate to for the concept and it doesn't fall into the wannabe-archaic ...

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: True Clans

    Whoa, that's a LOT of cats. It'll be interesting to see how you can fit them all into a story. A story with main characters as cats would be a ...

    Jul 20, 2008
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Curses, Spells, Fate and Coincidence

    It's probably one of my favourite pieces I've read here, because it doesn't try too hard or put on airs and graces. Not everything has to be serious and deep, ...

    Jul 20, 2008
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Come What May a Harry Potter Story

    I enjoyed it, even though I don't count myself as a Harry Potter fan. It seemed very introspective, like an exploration of Harry's feelings. I liked that element, but I'd ...

    Jul 19, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Chapter One - Please Don't Rest Tonight

    I like this update! I find it really interesting how Noel is leading a double life. I wonder if Dala and Theol really are only in her imagination, and they ...

    Jul 10, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: *Ability Academy* [UPDATE: CHAPTER 2 UP!]

    I really like this story so far. I'm not usually a fan of a lot of romance/drama, but that's just a matter of taste. I loved the school song-very funny! ...

    Jul 10, 2008


In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
— Robert Frost