User avatar

Jay

  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Top Secret Cobra: Half-human (Extract 2)

    I loved this-it was an action-filled, funny and entertaining beginning. When it says: "purred the Sinefesh which called itself Jonathan Kraw", it should be "who called himself Jonathan Kraw" 'The ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Dark Goddess [2]

    “What are the damages to the ship?” She asked, should say "What are the damages to the ship?" she asked. A solid and promising start. I'm starting to like Jo's ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Sempiternal Requiem pt. 2

    This was so lovely and heartwarming. Most of the writing here is very angsty and dramatic, so this was a refreshing change of pace. The use of imagery is great ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Delihla- a girl who lives in Hell

    Use "sarcastic" instead of "sarcasting", and make sure I as a proper noun is always capitalized. Say "everyone" instead of "every one". "Firey" should be "fiery" And say "weak hearts" ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Another "Nightsong" excerpt

    This is a really entertaining and heartfelt introduction, as well as being refreshingly realistic. Although it's fantasy there's a central theme that a teenager can relate to-that of failing to ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: The Window

    I liked this-firstly because of the style. Your style is distinctive from everyone else here, and this passage is written with a unique voice. Will this be continuing? If so, ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Forgotten- Chapter 1

    This is an action-packed and gripping opening with lots of potential. The ending leaves people wanting to know more. I find the world this is set in very interesting and ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Mistaken Vendetta

    It's a dramatic and emotional beginning that keeps the reader guessing (Where is he in the second chapter? Why is he being chased? And who is the screaming woman?) Near ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Losing the plot

    Hey, this sounds a bit like Sex and the City! It could be a very entertaining idea. Here's some random plot starters off the top of my head. -Someone gets ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: i sent my first post to myself. :)

    It's certainly a good passage, but I need more information to be sure (I tentatively voted 7-9). Is this the beginning? It's a very gripping excerpt and I want to ...

    Jul 29, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Eragon: the movie

    The movie was underrated, the book was overrated. Maybe I just think so because I like to laugh at bad movies. The ending had me cracking up: Arya: We will ...

    Jul 29, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Does this sound halfway decent?

    I just finished editing a 44-page urban fantasy story. (I planned out every chapter, so it was faster). It's about a guy called Kemsyt Leviticus who is heir to the ...

    Jul 29, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Series of Short Fanfics

    I don't know much about songfics, but the idea sounds interesting to me and I think anything has a certain audience. Good luck!

    Jul 29, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Knives in my eyes

    It sounds like a good idea, even a little funny. How did Lan's wife die? Is the "high wall" literally a wall trapping him in the city?

    Jul 29, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: otherlings and undersky

    I'm not sure I understand. Is this going to be a series? Or different parts of the same story? In any case, I really like the titles :)

    Jul 29, 2008


how can i live laugh love in these conditions
— Orion42