User avatar

Jay

  • Writers Corner Re: Does this make no sense whatsoever?

    I'm writing a story. The plot is thus: Lulu Clatchey breaks her neck and dies. She then decides to apply to be a guardian angel, and ends up getting assigned ...

    Sep 13, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Bring On the Hellhounds

    Hello! First of all, you need to do two reviews for each piece of work posted, so now you need to do two reviews. The first two paragraphs should be ...

    Aug 6, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: First person switching to third person

    I would put them both in first person, with chapter titles like Antigone suggested.

    Aug 6, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Standardized

    Hi fatimachan! Sorry it took me so long to get round to reviewing this... It's a very intense and strong poem. It definitely breaks the mold-it isn't the cliched "I'm ...

    Apr 19, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: story plot (=

    Ah, what an interesting idea. You've definitely thought a lot about it, and covered details. I can see it will develop into a global-scale war. Maribelle definitely won't be able ...

    Apr 12, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: New story idea

    Hey, cool! It sounds very adventurous, and also quite sweet. I would make the characters younger than college-age though. (You don't usually see college students in adventure stories). I'm very ...

    Apr 12, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Untitled ch 3 part 1

    Well, I'm not sure what the title should be from this excerpt-I'd need to have a plot synopsis to make some suggestions. This is a good beginning. I like the ...

    Apr 12, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Its Kind Of A Funny Story

    A solid and promising beginning here. From reading this short bit, I can already tell that the protagonist has low self-esteem and life has dealt her some hard blows. This ...

    Apr 12, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: There's This Girl

    I'll start with the good and finish with the bad. (But there really is a lot more good than bad! :D ) I really like the narrator-she is instantly likable. ...

    Apr 12, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: [deleted]

    Wow. This was moving, gritty and hard-hitting-you tell it like it is and it isn't fluffified at all. I also want to say that you're very brave to approach writing ...

    Apr 12, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Killing Tweety

    The first thing that stands out to me is how convincingly you wrote Johnny's stream of consciousness. It's a real skill to be able to write from a three-year-old's viewpoint ...

    Apr 12, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Mystic

    I think this was well-written, readable and professional. I really liked the line "we don't care about the government or the recession". It tells it like it is, it's unabashed ...

    Apr 12, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Maude Kennelway: Part 1

    Everyone had to come over for the whole day, edging well into the night. It happened nearly every year, round about the same time, early April. Something about it being ...

    Apr 12, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: The Ultimate 'I need a name' Place

    This site: has really interesting information and resources on names.

    Mar 16, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Too Much of Myself

    I see different bits of myself in my characters. That's part of the fun of writing.

    Mar 16, 2009


There is nothing to fear from someone who shouts.
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart