User avatar

JaneThermopolis

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: No title yet.. :( (please read)

    Robert Frost is some silly old man? Geesh! - Just kidding. I love how you incorporated Aquainted With The Night in this piece, it's one of my favorite Frost poems! ...

    May 8, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Gut Feeling

    Interesting, creepy story! I'm hoping you'll post the next part soon! Anyways I have a couple nitpicks to pick out, but they're mostly grammatical and/or spelling related ones. The gunshot ...

    May 8, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Uniforms, Gunshots, and Other Misfortunes (1)

    Both of my parents died on the side of Route 47 in Oklahoma. I watched. I don’t remember it being like the murders in movies. We had parked at a ...

    May 8, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Words Will Always Hurt You

    WoooHoo! 200 views! Thanks everyone for continuing to read this story! :)

    May 8, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Limericks of the Cullens

    Hahahaha! Good job! I don't rally feel like critiquing now, by I honestly liked the Renesmee limerick the best. When I read it, I burst out laughing. Good job, -Jane

    May 7, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Stellar - Chapter 1

    My first attempt at writing a fantasy novel. I hope you like it! Stellar The universe has never seen a day as unusual as August 3. More than sixteen years ...

    May 7, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Penetrating the Pale Horse (1)

    Wow, this was definitely a really promising beginning. I can't wait to read the next parts. Moving on, this story really made me sad. I didn't cry, but this was ...

    May 6, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Infatuation

    A poem I wrote in my journal a couple weeks ago. I wasn't quite sure to post this or not, since I honestly don't know if it's my best work, ...

    May 5, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: And I’ll give you chocolate

    I also agree with Bond Girl! What the heck is this poem about. I was reading and there was so many different ideas that it just confused me. So she ...

    May 4, 2010
  • Welcome Mat Re: The New Girl In Town

    Hiya Chelsea, a.k.a The Ease Dropper! Welcome to YWS! Good thing you're a born writer, because that's what we do on here! I hope to read some of your work ...

    May 4, 2010
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Obsessed With The Stars

    I thought this was a cute story, also it seemed to me very whimsical with all the comets, stars, etc. As BondGirl said the end dialogue doesn't really flow very ...

    May 4, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Predator and Prey

    Wow...that was, what's the word.....hmmmmmmmmm........ Well I'm going to come up with a word for this story. Creepsanesity - definition: Creepy, insanity,and pure madness. That is basically what your

    May 4, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Words Will Always Hurt You

    Thanks for all the reviews everyone!!! I'm very happy that this story happens to be FEATURED right now!!! :) My first FEAUTURED story since I joined! Thanks for reading, commenting, ...

    May 4, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Words Will Always Hurt You

    I tried to zone out into the cool darkness of my bedroom, but nothing helped keep out the noises I heard downstairs. I tried to cover my face and ears ...

    May 4, 2010
  • Media Reviews Re: Worst Book You've Ever Read

    The worst book I've ever read...Inside the Mind of Gideon Rayburn by Sarah Miller. It's about this boy (Gideon) who ends up going to this private boarding school where his ...

    Apr 30, 2010


That's just what translation is, I think. That's all speaking is. Listening to the other and trying to see past your own biases to glimpse what they're trying to say. Showing yourself to the world, and hoping someone else understands.
— Ramy (Babel by R. F. Kuang)