User avatar

Jack-a-Lynn

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Who is your all-time favourite fantasy hero/villan?

    I'm not sure who my favorite hero is, but my favorite villain is definitely Cathy from East of Eden . She is seriously bad news! :twisted:

    Oct 16, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Idea Dilemma!

    Yeah, I decided on the fanfiction. There are still too many unknowns for the other one yet, and I know the plot of my fanfic really well. I'm hoping NaNo ...

    Oct 12, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Idea Dilemma!

    No, it's an original. I don't see much of Shrek in it, since it's not satirical, and this world has more in common with Lewis Carrol's Wonderland...things are just weird ...

    Oct 12, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Idea Dilemma!

    Haha! It's Jonas Quinn, one of my favorite Stargate characters. I like PotC fanfic, because the canon is pretty easy to expand on. Though I tend to be among a ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Idea Dilemma!

    It's a Pirates of the Caribbean fanfiction in two parts. I'm nearly done with part one, but part two is still just an vague outline, and things are still changing ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Idea Dilemma!

    I have a dilemma! I figured I'd give NaNoWriMo a try this year, but I have a problem. I don't know which idea to use! Originally, I wanted to use ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: PLEASE help make a list of sci-fi and fantasy cliches

    ~ The Heroic Plower of Fields : Everyone from Paolini to Lucas to the late Robert Jordan and everyone in between has used this device. Our hero is a strapping ...

    Oct 8, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    East of Eden by John Steinbeck. It's been a while since I read it, and I forgot how amazing his writing is! His descriptions of everything are just all so ...

    Oct 5, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Characters or Plot?

    Now, I'm a firm believer that it's the characters make the story, and so it seems counter-intuitive that thinking of a plot first would bolster the character depth, but I ...

    Oct 1, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    I totally agree about The Great Gatsby , Kitty15! I read it in my honors English class in high school. My teacher kept going on about how great Fitzgerald's writing ...

    Sep 27, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Character Name Help...

    Instead of making a redundant new thread, I'll just stowaway on this one. :mrgreen: I'm also seeking help with a character name. This will be the MC of the next ...

    Sep 27, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Characters or Plot?

    A little bit of both. Sometimes an idea shows up first, and I have to put people into the world. Other times, someone will just sort of wander into my ...

    Sep 23, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Abusing your Muse

    I have lots of muses. They show up whenever they decide they want their story to be told, even if I'm busy with another muse. Then they have an epic ...

    Sep 22, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    Wow, I'm surprised so many people dislike Jane Eyre. I remember really liking it when I read it in high school, but I'm kind of into Gothic and depressed romance. ...

    Sep 22, 2009


Not many will ever really understand you / That doesn't mean you aren't worth understanding
— Quillfeather