User avatar

Jack-a-Lynn

  • Lounge, The Re: How do you imagine you writing?

    I see what I'm writing as a live action movie while I'm planning or just thinking about the story, but I feel what the character would be feeling while I ...

    Sep 22, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: discussion on Twilight (and Eragon)

    I'll admit, I'm a fan of the Edward character type: the mysterious man who's obsessed with you, but wants to keep you away because he's afraid of hurting you. If ...

    Sep 22, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: The pen is mightier....

    Actually, the pen predates the pencil, in the form of quill pens....which is what was used around the time that phrase was coined, I believe. So let's go old school, ...

    Sep 22, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: discussion on Twilight (and Eragon)

    One of the most frustrating things about Twilight for me is that it had so much potential to be just cool , and it collapsed like a flan in a ...

    Sep 22, 2009
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Flying False Colors (1)

    I started writing this ages ago, and now I'm in the push to finish it, because it needs to be finished, or I'll go a little bonkers and these muses ...

    Sep 22, 2009
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: The Greatest Hunger

    I won't get into the historical inaccuracies, as those have been covered already, but I think what you have here, especially in the first two sections, is a very good ...

    Sep 22, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Abusing your Muse

    I have lots of muses. They show up whenever they decide they want their story to be told, even if I'm busy with another muse. Then they have an epic ...

    Sep 22, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: discussion on Twilight (and Eragon)

    The Twilight Effect is really pretty scary. My best friend who finally got out of her emotionally abusive relationship (Thank God!) keeps trying to convince me that Twilight is "cute ...

    Sep 22, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    Wow, I'm surprised so many people dislike Jane Eyre. I remember really liking it when I read it in high school, but I'm kind of into Gothic and depressed romance. ...

    Sep 22, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: discussion on Twilight (and Eragon)

    They were written for, and I say this with all respect, girls who want a love story about a perfect guy and the normal girl. Be that as it may, ...

    Sep 22, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Shirracco- chapter 1

    The first question I have is who is speaking? I understand the letter from the priest, but the section between the letter and Shirracco's telling of the story is confused. ...

    Sep 21, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Newbie!!

    Hello all! I'm Jack-a-Lynn. I was referred here by a friend, so I thought I'd check it out. It's hard to find places to discuss writing, so I'm hoping this ...

    Sep 21, 2009


You flare, you flicker, you fade... And in the end, all your tomorrows become yesterdays.
— Megatron (Lost Light, by Roberts, Lawrence, Lafuente)