User avatar

Jack-a-Lynn

  • Lounge, The Re: discussion on Twilight (and Eragon)

    There's escapism and there's Escapism! Regular old escapism is fine and, honestly, probably necessary for our sanity. It's healthy to get out of your own head for a while, and ...

    Sep 29, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: discussion on Twilight (and Eragon)

    I've noticed that some of you guys are kindda bashing Stephanie Meyers writing style and I think that's a little harsh.You don't see me bashing Jk Rowling or Christopher Paolini ...

    Sep 29, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Bergamo - Part 1

    Your World as I See It : This is a bitter, steam-powered world driven by progress. Factories dominate the city of Bergamo, and the workers eke out a meager existence ...

    Sep 28, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    I totally agree about The Great Gatsby , Kitty15! I read it in my honors English class in high school. My teacher kept going on about how great Fitzgerald's writing ...

    Sep 27, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Character Name Help...

    Instead of making a redundant new thread, I'll just stowaway on this one. :mrgreen: I'm also seeking help with a character name. This will be the MC of the next ...

    Sep 27, 2009
  • Scripts Re: Requiem for a Broken Angel

    I wrote this last semester for my playwriting class. It needs work, and lots of it, so I thought I'd see what you all thought. I'm linking to it instead ...

    Sep 27, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: discussion on Twilight (and Eragon)

    Hi!!! I'm Socks So my sister, who's name will remain anonymous (wookielover17), told me that people on this forum live to bash twilight. Well I'm here to enlighten you. And ...

    Sep 27, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: discussion on Twilight (and Eragon)

    I'm currently brewing an idea for a sort of "what Twilight could have/should have been" type story. Some of the details I'm bringing back out of all the "traditional" vampire ...

    Sep 26, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: discussion on Twilight (and Eragon)

    "Rhett had a mean streak"?! I don't know who this character is, but she's dissing him on the basis of his "mean streak", when her own Tru Lurvey is a ...

    Sep 25, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: discussion on Twilight (and Eragon)

    Well the whole thing about a vampire in love with a human. Him afraid to kill her but can't keep away. The whole torn between two amazing guys and those ...

    Sep 24, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Glimmer

    Most of what I found is a reiteration of what others have pointed out already. You tend to go overboard with physical descriptions, and those really bog down the pace. ...

    Sep 24, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Days into Aradon Chapter One sec 1, 2

    Overview: First of all, I found the arc of the story (the plot, the natural curve of events) to be extremely confusing and disconnected. We have the world of your ...

    Sep 24, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Characters or Plot?

    A little bit of both. Sometimes an idea shows up first, and I have to put people into the world. Other times, someone will just sort of wander into my ...

    Sep 23, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: discussion on Twilight (and Eragon)

    A friend of mine once fell in the hallway, slid down the wall on her descent, and managed to close six open lockers in the process to land on our ...

    Sep 23, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here [6]

    Wow! Lolita, you look exactly like how I imagined Talia from the Heralds of Valdemar ! And that's pretty awesome. Here's me...with photoshopping for the film noir-esque filter.

    Sep 22, 2009


Poetry is the art of creating imaginary gardens with real toads.
— Marianne Moore