User avatar

Incandescence

  • Lounge, The Re: The Writing Quiz

    i got a 48.

    Jan 22, 2005
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Listening to Your Stories

    This is not in line with what I consider good poetry. It's too abstract for my own tastes, and I think you'll find that abstraction does not create good feedback, ...

    Jan 22, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Assisted Suicide?

    The reality of the matter is this: unless the doctor is a sadomasochist, he won't help a patient commit suicide. The legal liability of such an act, and the legal ...

    Jan 22, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: Nature of Love

    Wow. This was more cliche than I even imagined. You took some words and arranged them so they were not in a normal order, but when you decompose it down, ...

    Jan 22, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: I dream.

    Well, here comes Mr. Cynical. This poem was stupid. Fast-paced? Yes. Moving? Yes. Gripping? Yes. Purposeful? Not by any means. It doesn't chill me like the ending tells me it ...

    Jan 22, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: What is it with me and poetry these days? *lol*

    I somehow feel a sense of gratification in knowing that I've spawned some kind of mimicking. Probably not a good thing, though, for you. You have to find what expresses ...

    Jan 22, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: A Heart Split in Two

    This was soppy and not to my liking--at all. Understand, it was well written, for the most part (but we'll talk about that in a minute), but what really got ...

    Jan 22, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Republicans or Democrats? Conservative or Liberal?

    Heh. Know that I do.

    Jan 21, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: A Letter to a Dead Man

    As per your request, I erased the poem and moved the topic.

    Jan 21, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Republicans or Democrats? Conservative or Liberal?

    I'm (duh) conservative, but the Republican party is not the party that I would have admired 20 years ago.

    Jan 20, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Assisted Suicide?

    Point in case: assisted suicide is not an option because there is always the possibility of a cure or a "miracle" (much as I detest the word). I spoke with ...

    Jan 19, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: The Compliment Thread

    Tara and I are both schizo! might be bad to have some characteristics in common with me, though. Take it as a backhanded compliment, I s'pose.

    Jan 19, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Male Cosmetics?

    ...eh? The Beauty Myth? Perhaps... I don't shave/wax or use any cosmetics. Although...it's not like I have anything to *shave* anyway. Except maybe sideburns...

    Jan 19, 2005
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Wake me when September ends

    This was excellent in description. However, it seemed to fall to the bitter clutches of cliche at times. For example: "And it's when my heart was carved in two by ...

    Jan 19, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: The Sound of Strings (finished!)

    Well, this has a nice effect and reads easily, but it doesn't have a point. Like someone said, it'd be nice to hear this whispered, if you weren't paying attention ...

    Jan 18, 2005


You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.
— Madeleine L'Engle, Author