Random avatar

Imelda

  • Research Re: British Royalty

    ...

    Jul 30, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: What is conflict?

    ...

    Jul 15, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: What is conflict?

    I can't actually think of any time I've seen conflict caused through a stupid decision. I've seen conflict caused through a decision that not everyone liked , but that's kind ...

    Jul 13, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    Imelda--correcting Americans on English terms since 2005. :D :lol:Why don't we just agree to disagree, instead of turning this into a debate thread. [/quote] I'm not disagreeing with you ... ...

    Jun 22, 2007
  • Research Re: Racism in England

    Are you covering any of the racism towards white people at all? I can list a couple of events that happened near me. There's certainly antagonism, though mostly non-violent. Where ...

    Jun 22, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    'Paedophile' IS the British spelling, just like 'encyclopaedia' is the British spelling. There are a few words with the 'ae' shortened to 'e' in American. Okay, these aren't different spellings, ...

    Jun 22, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    Like I said, the Union flag is pretentious twaddle. ^^ I believe the politically correct lobbyists (and I have NO idea how to spell that ...) got into it at ...

    Jun 19, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Dear 13-year-old: YOU SUCK!

    Personally I prefer treat all ages the same. At 11 I wasn't stupid (what happened in then interveneing 10 years? >

    Jun 15, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: I can't get attached to my characters!

    I don't think it's always *vital* to be attached to your characters, but it certainly helps a lot. I've written two books so far, and I've totally adored the MCs ...

    Jun 15, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Eeeep, help!

    Maybe the group decides that it's about time they got along, so purposely leaves them alone? Or maybe one wanders off for some peace, and the other wanders in later, ...

    Jun 15, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    It's the Union Jack, the Union Flag is just pretentious twaddle. *rolleyes* I rememebered another: UK: Sulphur US: Sulfur There are loads of scientific terms apelled differently, but the American ...

    Jun 8, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    American: medieval British: mediaeval That's actually just a personal preference. I don't know where the 'mediaeval' spelling came from, but most people over here don't use it. American: bank British:

    Jun 6, 2007
  • Research Re: Courtly Love

    Personally I wouldn't go for Crossely-Holland. Courtly love didn't stick in my head from those books. I'm sure there must be loads--try to find stuff about Eleanor of Aquitaine, who ...

    Jun 2, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Passive vs. Active Voice

    Passive generally isn't as 'punchy' as active. After all, most people want to relate to a character and have them do things. Characters are not Sims--they don't have things done ...

    Jun 1, 2007


If I had control over the quote generator, I feel like I would put half of YWS in it.
— Kaia