Random avatar

Imelda

  • Welcome Mat Re: hhhhhhhhmmmmm

    Hey, welcome! Don't be disheartened that you haven't written in a while. *Leans close* Wanna hear my guilty secret? *Whispers* I haven't written more than about 50 words on my ...

    May 24, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Spelling checkers

    I too have seen this before. My university actually has it set up as a resources on the main page. :D I still advocate the use of a spell checker ...

    May 24, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hullo :]

    Hi Claire! I've done two 'creative' (read: rambling and insane) welcomes today, so you're the lucky person who gets a normal one. Welcome! See you around. :) Imelda

    May 24, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Keeping It Real

    I'm seconding your rant. I hate that popular fiction creates cliches and you have to wait a couple of decades for that to fade. I also find it annoying from ...

    May 24, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello! i'm new here - cool website

    *Hefts paintball* You wanna buy some ... uh ... *checks around for moderators* *Realises she can't remember who the mods are* *Gives up dodgy dealing* HEY! From England, I see! ...

    May 24, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey there

    Hi Heather! I second Clau's questions ... mostly because I'm nosey, but partially because if you write fantasy I'll probably see you around some time. Welcome, have fun, beware the ...

    May 24, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Keeping It Real

    Ah, Buffy. :D Of course it's an upcoming cliche. Because it's a hot genre at the moment and there will come a point when all the critics will declare it's ...

    May 23, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Keeping It Real

    Can you remember what that book is? Because it sounds interesting! Has anyone read Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman? That's very slight fantasy (there's no *actual* magic ... I think) mixed ...

    May 23, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Evil Mage! Mwahahahahaha!

    HAH! I didn't even notice she was that tall. :D She originally had a huuuuge body as well, but I cut that down. I will shorten her, because she isn't ...

    May 22, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Keeping It Real

    I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but fantasy should definitely be realistic. In fact, everything but the fantastical element must be real, or why should your reader believe your ...

    May 22, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Evil Mage! Mwahahahahaha!

    This is the baddie from my trilogy. She came out looking a lot more evil than she does in my head. Possibly because I actually have no artistic talent and ...

    May 22, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Tending to the flowers.

    That's beautiful! Great job on the feathers and such.

    May 22, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Adventures of the SPEW Gryphon(Pic Thread)

    You don't eat kittens? How disappointing ... Seriously, these are awesome. I still don't know how you have the patience to do it all!

    May 22, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: For a good time, call...

    Hey! Welcome. Why can't I think of anything better to say? :S If you ever decide to write a dark and twisted fantasy novel, I might see you around. Otherwise ...

    May 22, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hi my name aBorat!

    Hi there! Welcome! Have fun! What's your name? I can't actually read your username. >

    May 22, 2007


Monster is a relative term. To a canary, a cat is a monster. We're just used to being the cat.
— Henry Wu, "Jurassic World"