Random avatar

Imelda

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Robert Jordan

    I picked them up recently but to be honest I can't get past the first couple of chapters. There's nothing there to grip me at all, no action, no characterisation ...

    Jun 8, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: 100 challenges

    I actually rather like it slightly empty. Busy desktops drive me mad. ^^ And most people have their icons on the left, so it's a useful gap! Fanbulous as usual, ...

    Jun 8, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    It's the Union Jack, the Union Flag is just pretentious twaddle. *rolleyes* I rememebered another: UK: Sulphur US: Sulfur There are loads of scientific terms apelled differently, but the American ...

    Jun 8, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    American: medieval British: mediaeval That's actually just a personal preference. I don't know where the 'mediaeval' spelling came from, but most people over here don't use it. American: bank British:

    Jun 6, 2007
  • Research Re: Courtly Love

    Personally I wouldn't go for Crossely-Holland. Courtly love didn't stick in my head from those books. I'm sure there must be loads--try to find stuff about Eleanor of Aquitaine, who ...

    Jun 2, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Priestess of the white

    To be honest, I only made it to the first chapter before I got distracted by other books, and I haven't made it back since. I find Canavan's style irritating ...

    Jun 2, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: The Butterfly Tattoo

    I've read it! It was pretty good, but rather depressing. That's all I remember. S'been a good few years ...

    Jun 2, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Passive vs. Active Voice

    Passive generally isn't as 'punchy' as active. After all, most people want to relate to a character and have them do things. Characters are not Sims--they don't have things done ...

    Jun 1, 2007
  • Research Archives Re: Calling all the history buffs... Have a European Question.

    Actually, most of the animosity between Britain and France was well after that. After William invaded England in 1066 he kept his holdings in France, and so did his sons. ...

    Jun 1, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Dos Fotos

    The first one also reminds me of pirates. But I also have an obsession ... I love how the sun's setting right between the boats. Gorgeous!

    Jun 1, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Story of Skye Phantom - Chapter 1

    Hey again! I don't think I'm going to be able to get to finishing this critique for a while yet, I'm afraid. I have no motivation to critique right now ...

    May 31, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey...

    Hey! I've run out of welcoming ideas again ... Hey! I'm Imelda. Have fun.

    May 28, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Worlds Of Wonder

    Islan and the east of Ranii look a little empty, as does the south of Elion. Dunno what you can do about it, though. :D However, I would suggest moving ...

    May 28, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: I'M BACK

    I don't know you, so ... hey! Welcome back. :) Imelda

    May 25, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Evil Mage! Mwahahahahaha!

    I retract that: it is finished. I think I was having eyesight problems when I looked last time ... Thanks, Sohini. Her 'hand glow-thingy' (I love that term. XD) is ...

    May 24, 2007


The strongest people are not those who show their true strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.
— Unknown