Random avatar

Imelda

  • Writing Tips Re: What is conflict?

    I can't actually think of any time I've seen conflict caused through a stupid decision. I've seen conflict caused through a decision that not everyone liked , but that's kind ...

    Jul 13, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Your basic art thread

    I WISH I had the writingness to do that comp, because those characters make me think all sorts of things. :D Also Stirly, I really like the sepia tones you've ...

    Jun 29, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Artemis Fowl

    I love those books. :D Haven't read the latest yet, though, I'm waiting for it to come out in paperback ... which it probably will do soon ... I love ...

    Jun 29, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Torturing your character

    I do both emotional and physical torture, often, and horribly, to my MC. :D It's not (just) because I enjoy it, I think it improves the story to have the ...

    Jun 25, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    Imelda--correcting Americans on English terms since 2005. :D :lol:Why don't we just agree to disagree, instead of turning this into a debate thread. [/quote] I'm not disagreeing with you ... ...

    Jun 22, 2007
  • Research Re: Racism in England

    Are you covering any of the racism towards white people at all? I can list a couple of events that happened near me. There's certainly antagonism, though mostly non-violent. Where ...

    Jun 22, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    'Paedophile' IS the British spelling, just like 'encyclopaedia' is the British spelling. There are a few words with the 'ae' shortened to 'e' in American. Okay, these aren't different spellings, ...

    Jun 22, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rain

    In the current world I'm writing there is no rain. :D

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Do you find it harder to read...

    I'm the opposite too. I write well when I'm reading stimulating stuff. When I'm not writing well, I tend to pick books up and think 'pfft, I can totally write ...

    Jun 19, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    Like I said, the Union flag is pretentious twaddle. ^^ I believe the politically correct lobbyists (and I have NO idea how to spell that ...) got into it at ...

    Jun 19, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: My Sister's Keeper

    I've only read this one book, but I certainly didn't find her characters flat, and her writing, while not beautiful, was better than most bestsellers. *coughDanBrowncough* I don't think the ...

    Jun 17, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Dear 13-year-old: YOU SUCK!

    Personally I prefer treat all ages the same. At 11 I wasn't stupid (what happened in then interveneing 10 years? >

    Jun 15, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: I can't get attached to my characters!

    I don't think it's always *vital* to be attached to your characters, but it certainly helps a lot. I've written two books so far, and I've totally adored the MCs ...

    Jun 15, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Eeeep, help!

    Maybe the group decides that it's about time they got along, so purposely leaves them alone? Or maybe one wanders off for some peace, and the other wanders in later, ...

    Jun 15, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: My Sister's Keeper

    I read this a couple of years ago and it was fascinating . I was glued to the pages pretty much the entire way through, and the ending was ... ...

    Jun 14, 2007


I have the opposite of charisma…. no-rizz-ma
— Gen