User avatar

Ieatworms

  • Lounge, The Re: On Poets and Poetry...

    Silverstein got me reading, Dickinson got me writing. Billy Collins and Mary Oliver are big for me right now. "Said the Rose" is my favorite poem, but I've never seen ...

    Oct 15, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: What you would love to say to reviewers but can't...

    How can you "love it" if you don't "get" it? I'd like to raise a pompom up your a**, but there's a bug up it already. (That's for one person ...

    Oct 15, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Do you think I am Romantic, or a Passionate Nothing?

    I'm getting in on this kinda late, but I have to interject: A)Snoink- was that the Song of Solomon you were quoting? B)Mack- If I was your girlfriend and I ...

    Oct 15, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: It aint in the dictionary, but it should be

    My freshman honor's English teacher was fond of marking "cyhjcnw" on our papers, alongside the usual circles where punctuation should be. What did it mean? Congratulations. You have just coined ...

    Oct 12, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Honesty, not always the best policy.

    Perhaps when a lie is to avoid criticism, it is not for the best. But, there are other circumstances that lead to deceit.

    Sep 27, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Honesty, not always the best policy.

    As for the butts thing, I have a rule for that. If I ask before I leave (and therefore have a chance to change), or I ask before I buy ...

    Sep 25, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: What Reviewers Wish They Could Say, but Don't.

    This is the world's smallest violin playing the world's saddest song just for you (in response to teen-angst-you-broke-my-heart poetry). Grow up. Get laid already. I want the five minutes of ...

    Sep 6, 2005
  • Official Polls Re: What don't you like about YWS?

    I love this site. It has been a great inspiration for me. I would only like to see a bit more decorum, and see debates remain debates. (That goes for ...

    Aug 15, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: PLEASE HELP me find a mystery poem.

    You know how you get bits of a song stuck in your head, and it drives you crazy unit you can place the line? If you know what I'm talking ...

    Aug 13, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Organized Religion (Branch off of "What religion are yo

    I do think politics are too secular for political affiliation to be considered a religion

    Jul 31, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Organized Religion (Branch off of "What religion are yo

    You might be on to something. I think if a person, culture, society, etc. considers their belief system to be a religion, then they must treat it as such. If ...

    Jul 31, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Organized Religion (Branch off of "What religion are yo

    (quote)The second part of your post is hard to follow, in that Enlightenment is the opposition to religion. The Enlightenment celebrates and depends on Reason(/unquote) I wasn't talking about Kantian ...

    Jul 31, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Happy thoughts.

    Thanks you guys; this thread is cheering me up. I'd want be a pampered lap dog of some hot guy- rich, preferably. Lots of pets, lots of treats. Hey, I ...

    Jul 31, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Happy thoughts.

    Ieatworms has been wallowing in the real world for too long. Please help distract me by answering this question. Please don't make this a serious debate. Have fun. Assuming reincarnation ...

    Jul 30, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Organized Religion (Branch off of "What religion are yo

    "Idea logy". You know, I like that. My only contestation there is that, in some religions, the divine is something that can be achieved through adherence to ideology. Do you ...

    Jul 30, 2005


I’ll paraphrase Thoreau here... Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness, give me truth.
— Christopher Johnson McCandless