User avatar

Ieatworms

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: consistently inconsistent

    I agree with Chevy about the comma (or semicolon) in "You smell like the perfume Impulsion and Caprice should" I realize you probably kept Impulsion and Caprice close together for ...

    Sep 6, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: What Reviewers Wish They Could Say, but Don't.

    This is the world's smallest violin playing the world's saddest song just for you (in response to teen-angst-you-broke-my-heart poetry). Grow up. Get laid already. I want the five minutes of ...

    Sep 6, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: I'll Lower My Voice For The Winter

    Wow. Good wordsmithing. You came across as very sagacious and deep. I love the title (I saw you mention it in the Launderette's thread, and went looking for it.) I'd ...

    Aug 30, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: An exercise in line breaks- tell me what you think

    Momentum I’ve laced my shoes and slouched my socks And hit the pavement, Jogging. I’m not warmed up; I’m not prepared, And yet I’ve started Running. I’ve reached the crest; ...

    Aug 30, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: Drowned

    Lovely, just lovely. You made effective use of repetition. 'Like an old cheesy movie" clashes a bit with your more profound imagery.

    Aug 30, 2005
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Ying Yang, Inverted

    If this was set to music, I'd surely rock out to it. I have to admit, though, that I almost did not read it because of the title. A Yin ...

    Aug 30, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: I'm So Tired

    Beautiful inmagery, but I am unsure as to your intent. You lost me at the 4th line. Christmas?

    Aug 30, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Blank Paper (aka Writers Block)

    I liked the cadence you established with the first stanza "down in the dark where ideas lurk like twisting steamy vapours amidst cold trees; there you will find me" I'd ...

    Aug 30, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Brown Eyes

    You captured a nice moment here. I agree, though, that some wording needs work. My body sweats From the warm glow Of your love for me Of your eyes My ...

    Aug 30, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Leaving Works Two Ways.

    "The grass waves goodbye without feeling, stuck on the thought that the wind will never leave." I like the irony here- that the grass can only wave "goodbye" while the ...

    Aug 26, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Poem--"To the weak it's the End"

    Your best yet

    Aug 25, 2005
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Title pending poll. Wow, this was cathartic.

    Here’s how it’s gonna work, Princess. He’ll love you first— Not best— ‘Cuz you’re gonna screw up you’re gonna screw him over. You’re gonna Break his heart, Princess. And This ...

    Aug 15, 2005
  • Official Polls Re: What don't you like about YWS?

    I love this site. It has been a great inspiration for me. I would only like to see a bit more decorum, and see debates remain debates. (That goes for ...

    Aug 15, 2005
  • Narrative Poetry Re: My Perfect Life

    I think this is my favorite poem I've read on this site so far. You really have a grasp on the power of words, so you don't need to use ...

    Aug 13, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Untitled as of yet....

    I bit wordy... actually, it sounds a lot like an english major. Just remember that words mean more but count for less in poetry. Verbal sounds and images ccount for ...

    Aug 13, 2005


“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables