-
Re: On Poets and Poetry...
Silverstein got me reading, Dickinson got me writing. Billy Collins and Mary Oliver are big for me right now. "Said the Rose" is my favorite poem, but I've never seen ...
Oct 15, 2005 -
Re: What you would love to say to reviewers but can't...
How can you "love it" if you don't "get" it? I'd like to raise a pompom up your a**, but there's a bug up it already. (That's for one person ...
Oct 15, 2005 -
Re: Do you think I am Romantic, or a Passionate Nothing?
I'm getting in on this kinda late, but I have to interject: A)Snoink- was that the Song of Solomon you were quoting? B)Mack- If I was your girlfriend and I ...
Oct 15, 2005 -
Re: Nature poem type thing
I like the simple outdoorsy feel of this. You did a good job of isolating the images that would make this a clear representation of your scene. That's hard to ...
Oct 15, 2005 -
Re: The instrument
As for the title, "The Instrument" came to mind. It implies that the words are using you to express themselves, and you used that word in your last few lines. ...
Oct 15, 2005 -
Re: Babelfish translations
Babelfish is an on-line translator that, while of no use for anything needing serious translation, is great fun and a good writing tool. See what I mean: I typed in ...
Oct 15, 2005 -
Re: Dreaming Of Slumber
I like the sweetness and whimsy of this piece. Small note: the elipses (...) are unnecessary. Big note: You switched from talking about yourself to addressing "you". Was this intentional? ...
Oct 15, 2005 -
Re: Living Alone With Green Carpet
"He was a thin boy running for the school bus, watched from every window by thick-petalled, magnolia faces soured by a finicking contempt for the sweaty, lanky bumble of himself." ...
Oct 15, 2005 -
Re: "Portraits" I can't fix it if no one comments on i
I agree with the previous comments regarding clarity. It was difficult to distinguish distant past, past, and present. I also agree that the capitalized He was unnecessary. It was very ...
Oct 14, 2005 -
Re: Sleep
This was written (obviously) between waking up and falling asleep again, so please let me know how to make it appropraite for the waking world. Thanks. Sleep sharing a couch, ...
Oct 13, 2005 -
Re: The Fisherman and his Daughter
You told your story very well. It had the feel of the classics. Vaguely Poe. There are a few clarity issues and rhythm breaks to iron out. For example: The ...
Oct 12, 2005 -
Re: It aint in the dictionary, but it should be
My freshman honor's English teacher was fond of marking "cyhjcnw" on our papers, alongside the usual circles where punctuation should be. What did it mean? Congratulations. You have just coined ...
Oct 12, 2005 -
Re: Myopic Hindsight
"Chewed home to jagged pieces" is the reference point for "You were home once."
Oct 11, 2005 -
Re: Warning to Amateurs: Professional Poetry
Funny but cruelly pointed. As was said, it would be funny if it was felt you were poking fun at yourself as well. You might want to considered using "good" ...
Oct 11, 2005 -
Re: Diary
I can really relate to going through a dairy and having it smack of someone else. You captured it well. I can spot a few things to make it better: ...
Oct 11, 2005
