User avatar

IceCreamMan

  • Poetry Discussion Re: Favorite poem?

    I rather enjoy the poetry of Leonard Cohen. Yes, yes, I know he is famous, but he is famous as a musician and songwriter, not as a poet. So here ...

    Dec 1, 2010
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Rhetorical questions in poetry

    So, I just read "The World's Going Under..." by wildlove100% , and what struck me most when reading it was how little I really know about the usage of questions ...

    Apr 17, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: The DaVinci Code

    IceCreamMan, calling Adam101 a "retard" for stating his opinion isn't acceptable. Here's a better way of saying what you meant: I believe you have a right to you opinion, I ...

    Aug 16, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter?

    I think that JK Rowlings writing has no where near as much depth as Tolkein's, which is why it is much more accessible to the average reader. Tolkein created an ...

    May 11, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Most Disturbing Books

    I don't know the name of it, but I read a short story by Kurt Vonnegut Jr. about how in the future people will all be "equal." And by "equal" ...

    May 6, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Am I the only one who is in love with adult romances?

    The only novel's I can think of that I like which are kinda romance are the ones by Ernest Hemingway such as the Sun Also Rises. Not really a romance ...

    May 5, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: The Lord Of The Flies

    I want your teacher for a day. I agree with you 100%. -My avatar is somewhat less cool. It's from Tales of Topographic Oceans, which is a record that no ...

    May 3, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: The Lord Of The Flies

    I don't know about the book. I haven't read it :( . But i saw the black n white movie, which was pretty good. The idea was really awsome. I ...

    May 2, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Best Books

    No particular order: Slaughter-House Five - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. This book is the most interestingly arranged piece of prose I have ever read. With aliens, war, and a sense of ...

    May 1, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Steinbeck

    I am reading Grapes of Wrath for school as well. It is very well written and intrigueing, but the pace at which our crazy teacher is making us read it ...

    Apr 25, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: The DaVinci Code

    EDITED

    Apr 24, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: The DaVinci Code

    Ive read Angels and Demons, DaVinci Code, and Deception Point. I thought that DaVinci Code was probably the worst of the three. So why the fame? Its the theory that ...

    Mar 5, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter?

    Just a question: haven't any of you LOTR haters had to read books like the Odyssey and the Scarlett Letter in school? I'm wondering because the way you talk about ...

    Mar 4, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Music and Writing

    yea, sometimes I do listen to music to get in a mood to write. When writing the horror story that I had to write for english class, for example, I ...

    Jan 21, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: The Best Of H.P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror

    Well, this was my first introduction into the world of H.P. Lovecraft, and I have to say I am mightily impressed. H.P. Lovecrafts writting is, well, weird and it took ...

    Jan 19, 2005


You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind