User avatar

IceCreamMan

  • Lounge, The Re: The Official Goodbye/Departure Thread

    Go here for information and a link: The Society Revisited is the new home of the YWS comunity because this site is shutting down due to lack of funding and ...

    May 18, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: The Sunset

    Liked this very much, IceCreamMan! Gorgeous images, but it seemed to end a little abruptly. I wanted to keep reading! :twisted: Yea, well I wrote it as filler material for ...

    May 16, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: The Sunset

    Something from the archives of my life. I think I wrote this a year ago. Enjoy. The Sunset The waning light glanced off the bay piercing the sand near were ...

    May 15, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Borrowing Okay?

    stealing a couple ideas here and there is perfectly okay, just make sure you don't steal a whole book. What I mean by this is that you should pick out ...

    May 15, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Jay (temporary title)

    First impression: I liked it. I felt like some of the rhyming was too forced, but to make up for it the imagery and vocabulary are much better than what ...

    May 14, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: 4'33"

    how about this? (note: the new parts are in italics, the other parts are there so you can see if it flows with the rest of the poem) The pianist ...

    May 14, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Odd Poem, didn't think much when writing it

    Even more now. I have an ending kind of, but I don't really like it and will probably change it later. And, by the way, my reference to being an ...

    May 14, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Odd Poem, didn't think much when writing it

    Okay, I added some stanzas and took out the bad ones. It is not complete yet, but its getting there. Please critique the new version: Floating through the space of ...

    May 14, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: 4'33"

    I think I just came up with something good to replace the second stanza with, but i'm not going to edit the post until someone reviews this adjustment. Here it ...

    May 14, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: 4'33"

    Thanks backgroundbob. I seriously was thinking that exact same thing when I was writing it, but for some reason I couldn't come up with a better way of expressing it ...

    May 14, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: come in and find out

    I prefer Iron Maiden personally, when it comes to metal. But I'm not a big metal fan. To much palm muting on the guitars for my taste. I prefer progressive ...

    May 13, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: 4'33"

    I'm embarassed... :oops: There's no need to be. The song isn't very well known, for obvious reasons (such as it probably was never recorded or played on the radio or ...

    May 13, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: 4'33"

    I loved it! That was a beautiful piece of work, it was grabbing and engrossing. I liked the title choice and I think I have some idea of why you ...

    May 13, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: 4'33"

    4’33” edited version 4’33”, the epic piece, no fingers ever grace the keys. So silent is the performance that for a short period of time the audience realizes the chaos ...

    May 13, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter?

    I think that JK Rowlings writing has no where near as much depth as Tolkein's, which is why it is much more accessible to the average reader. Tolkein created an ...

    May 11, 2006


We join for the writing and stay for the community!
— Horisun