User avatar

IceCreamMan

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Boulevard of Broken Dreams

    I agree with everyone who said this is too vague. If you are just writing for yourself, that isn't an issue, but since you posted it online I assume you ...

    Dec 10, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Where the Mullein Grows

    Where the Mullein Grows I walked outside to see the woods today, Through un-shoveled paths of virgin snow, And reached a creek across which there lay An ice-bridge to where ...

    Dec 3, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: First work of poetry exploring the area

    Hey there, nice to see you are trying your hand at poetry. It's a lovely thing to spend time doing. For a first poem, this is actually quite good. Poetry ...

    Dec 3, 2010
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Favorite poem?

    I rather enjoy the poetry of Leonard Cohen. Yes, yes, I know he is famous, but he is famous as a musician and songwriter, not as a poet. So here ...

    Dec 1, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: a little dream in abstract

    Wow, this truly is a very different sort of poem than I am used to reading. Kudos for being unique and yet cliche at the same time, as others have ...

    Dec 1, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Inquiries for my Fellow Men

    Inquiries for my Fellow Men I. Why do we break the bodies of those we claim to love, leave them bleeding on the floor, gasping for breath, holding back tears, ...

    Nov 1, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Sylvia

    I rather enjoyed this piece, even though I didn't get the references and had to look at your explanation for it to make sense. It isn't overly cryptic. Even if ...

    Nov 1, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Drinking Alone on a Friday Night

    Okay, so it seems like there has been a fair bit of discussion as to the meaning or intention of various lines. I'll try to clear some of this up: ...

    Oct 12, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Drinking Alone on a Friday Night

    Drinking Alone on a Friday Night The wine floods my brain and I must walk away; the sight of laughter— contentment—perplexes and I enter the dim-lit world, trading envy for ...

    Oct 9, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Listening to Guqin in Autumn

    This sounds awkward to me. I know you're trying to spice up the rhyme scheme but it doesn't really turn out as fluid as it could. Would it help if ...

    Oct 6, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Listening to Guqin in Autumn

    You should put some punctuation in there, it was kind of hard to see what it ment, I had to read it a couple three times. (Yes, I ment to ...

    Oct 6, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Listening to Guqin in Autumn

    REVISED VERSION: Listening to Guqin in Autumn The troughs lay barren Unused hay stacked high The horses have all gone home To sleep in the sky. Grey pastures they fled ...

    Oct 5, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: 10,000 Steps

    This is awesome! I don't agree with Abigail (nothing personal, of course)...the use of "feet" in the poem is perfect. There is no reason to change that; in fact, doing ...

    Oct 5, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Box

    I love the poem this is based on, and thought you did a very good job of making your own version using the existing structure. Here are a few points ...

    Oct 5, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: What bands/artists are your favorite?

    I could never even come close to writing a comprehensive analysis of my favorite musicians, so I'll just try to pick a few. Radiohead: In my opinion, this is the ...

    Apr 13, 2008


Everything’s edible if you’re immortal.
— Feltrix