User avatar

Icaruss

  • Writing Tips Re: I can't outline!

    When I do outline (that is, when I'm writing a comicbook script or a long story I've got already figured out and just want to have clear in my head) ...

    Sep 16, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Too Darn Hot

    I've written romantic stories, but they're mostly pretty crude. You know, not mushy-mushy stuff, but things about phillandering, and failed romances, or one night flings, or guys... who feel guilty ...

    Sep 15, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Tips to Creating an Ending

    Yeah, you have to plan an ending. I mean, not before you write the story up, but at least while you're typing a way, you have to have some idea ...

    Sep 13, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Surprises.

    I'm talking about plot-twists, revelations, sudden deaths, sudden kisses and the such. Many times, something that should be really shocking, comes in a way which makes it seems inconsequential. This ...

    Sep 13, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Got A Great Idea Today!

    So. I'm sitting in my computer, and was having the urge to write a Western. I just didn't know what it would be about. So, I got a little bit ...

    Sep 6, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: What music puts you in a writing mood?

    I don't like to listen to music unless I'm writing a really 'music-y' scene. For example, I'll listen to Cocaine, by Eric Clapton when I'm writing about a well-dressed criminal ...

    Sep 6, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: How do YOU get last names for a story charater?

    I like to use tributes, sometimes. Like, in my police procedural story, I named a character after Brad Pitt's Detective Mills from Se7en, which was a big inspiration for the ...

    Sep 6, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: How long should a chapter be?

    Long. I hate it when I see chapters that are like a scene long. I think a chapter should have at least about twenty pages. That's about ten A4 pages. ...

    Sep 6, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Writing in Spanish...

    ^ That's "me encanta el espaƱol."

    Sep 2, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Flashback Alert!

    I don't think a flashback should be announced. And putting it in itallics is just wrong. I think it should be melted with the present, and the narration, kinda like: ...

    Aug 28, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Critique Exchange!

    So. Alright. I don't know if anyone's done this before (maybe I've done it and don't remember), but this is how it goes. Want a critique? You can get it ...

    Aug 28, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Writing in Spanish...

    English is not my first language. I'm actually from Peru so I speak Spanish. Personally, I feel that while I handle English pretty well (I've spoken it for nearly all ...

    Aug 28, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: What do people do besides writing?

    I go to parties. And drink. And talk to people. That's where I get all the stories, see?

    Dec 12, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Speed Writing

    That's esencially what I do. All the time. With my work, like. I mean, this novel I'm writing. I just sat down, and thought about one phrase, and then everything ...

    Dec 12, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Last Names

    I search them up in Google. Most popular surnames in a given area. Easy stuff. Or just pick them up from names I know, from unknown celebrities, or something I ...

    Dec 12, 2006


That awkward moment when you jump out a window because your friend jumped out a window, then you remember that your other friend can fly.
— Rick Riordan, The Ship of the Dead