User avatar

Icaruss

  • Writing Tips Re: historical fiction: how much can I fudge?

    Just don't say it's Auswichtz.

    Nov 1, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: In Need of Help

    So, alright. I know nobody cares or anything, but I just need to ramble about some things. I find myself knee-deep in half-finished stories and I need your help. Lately, ...

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Memento Mori

    Yeah, I know she didn't copy that story or anything. I just find it annoying when I've chosen a title and it's already been used by some other guy.

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: What do you like to see in a book?

    Drugs. Sex. Alcohol. You know, the works.

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Memento Mori

    Don't know if this is of any significance at all, but there's a pretty good and somewhat known short story called Memento Mori. It was written by Christopher Nolan's brother, ...

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Mesh *gasp* writes!

    Do you think prose is easier to publish than poetry, or the other way around? Congrats on getting your poems in the school magazine! You kidding? There are literally a ...

    Oct 22, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Recycled Ideas?

    Started this in primary. Extended about four years later. Abandoned it short after. Alternate Earth. Steampunk influences. Different kingdoms and stuff. There's monsters, but they're more like animals

    Oct 22, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Is your goal to get published?

    It's about as long as most novels.

    Oct 18, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Is your goal to get published?

    Of course we all want to get published. Doesn't mean we're gonna get published, though. I guess I'm just not a very optimist man, but when I write, I never ...

    Oct 18, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: I Finished!

    Dude, sorry... But that's not a novel. That's a really long short-story, or a really short novella. I mean, good for you... But it's not a novel. Congratulations anyways.

    Oct 13, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Hate

    Hate? A SS Officer? You shouldn't make him hate jews. You should make him believe in the Nazi principles, make him genuinely believe that he is doing good, but don't ...

    Oct 11, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Question about publication

    You just delete it from the interwebz before submitting.

    Oct 7, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: The Start of a New Story

    Lolita.

    Oct 4, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Call Me Dead

    So. "Brotherly Arms" is nowhere near finished and I'm already kinda stuck. So, I'm taking a break from that and going back to my roots. That is, depressing first-person narrative ...

    Oct 1, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: recommend me something

    Touched By Fire is the best English poem anthology ever made. It's the one used for the international GCSE program.

    Oct 1, 2007


Russets and tangerine shades of old gold flushing the very outside edge of the senses ... deep shining ochres, burnt umber and parchments of baked earth—reflecting on itself and through itself, filtering the light.
— Guildenstern (Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom Stoppard)