User avatar

Icaruss

  • Writers Corner Re: I'm taking a big risk

    I wouldn't actually worry too much about formatting and props and such. I would just write it down, make the music, and then tailor it. It's like when people want ...

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: To have a market or not to have a market

    Yeah, I'm aware of the labels. But that's kind of the point, isn't it? Who gets to say what's "literary" fiction and what's "commercial" fiction? Is Irvine Welsh's multiple-narrator-phonetically-writt

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Question

    I do a lot of jumping back and forth in my stories. Most of my favorite books ("La Ciudad y los Perros", "La Casa Verde", both by Mario Vargas Llosa) ...

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: To have a market or not to have a market

    First of all, what the hell is a literary style? There's no styles more literary than others. Style is just the certain universe of words you use for a certain ...

    May 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: My Writing Depresses Me

    What's wrong with focusing too much on dialogue? Conversations and interactions are what makes a story.

    May 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Flashbacks—any tips while writing them?

    The hell with italics. Just jump around from the present, to the past, to the future, and don't even put: "John remembered", just make it a new paragraph and the ...

    May 20, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Im having some trouble finishing my book =/

    Writer's Blocks are frustrating, but you gotta come to terms with the fact that they happen sooner or later. I say keep writing. No matter how wrong it feels. Just ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Would you ever read it??

    I always like books and stories like that... If they're well made. I mean, how many books about teenage angst are made that do not feel the least bit geniune. ...

    Jan 15, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: No Such thing as Good or Evil

    You know, there's a great play called "The Painful Story About The Secret Love of Don José Jacinto Milanés". He is a poet who really existed, and is pretty famous ...

    Nov 22, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: The Errant One

    I really like the Niat story. Have you posted it yet, because I'd really like to read it. It sounds interesting and filled with action and adventure. Tathan sounds Sci-Fi, ...

    Nov 19, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Writing Help

    Alright, I'll help. First of all, I like the name. Ayra. Specially if you're writing fantasy, it seems like a nice name. Sounds like it means something. But, if you're ...

    Nov 19, 2007
  • Research Re: Libretto

    Writing a libretto doesn't mean you have to write the music, but it does mean you have to come up with words that rhyme, at that would work well sung, ...

    Nov 18, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: No Such thing as Good or Evil

    Just because they had followers who thought they were good people, that doesn't make them less evil. Sure, perspective is interesting. You could write interesting characters, making them fascinating,

    Nov 15, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: What do you think of this title?

    I'm pretty confident I've heard that title before. It's good, but not very uncommon I guess.

    Nov 12, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: In Need of Help

    Thanks for the advice. So, I actually wrote something, and the first part of the Jackie Lawton article is posted up in the non-fiction forum. Anybody want to read it?

    Nov 2, 2007


You'd better wise up, Pony... you get tough like me and you don't get hurt. You look out for yourself and nothing can touch you, man.
— Dallas Winston, The Outsiders