User avatar

Icaruss

  • Writing Activities Re: Ultra-short Fiction

    -Here, she says. I smile at her, and grab the leaves. I bring them close to my nose, and try to smell them. Then, she slaps them out of my ...

    Oct 22, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Recommended reading

    What about Starship Troopers? Haven't read it myself, but didn't it win a Hugo Award?

    Oct 19, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    Just so you know, Tolkien might be a creative genius, but his writing is bad . Just flat out boring.

    Oct 17, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: scary

    One time, I used something I'm really proud of: A character is driving to meet up his friends. They're robbing a store that day. He is thinking about his past, ...

    Oct 13, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    I like some animals. I mean, dogs. Cats give me the creeps. Not because they're scary or anything, but because they always look like they know more than you do. ...

    Oct 11, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    I'm a mean cat. But I don't make a hassle unless someone wants me to make a hassle, do you follow? I won't go picking on people, I'll tell you ...

    Sep 22, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: A creativity test.

    Swim. That light. I should go towards it, and then maybe I won't have to swim anymore. Swim. That light. I should go towards it, and then maybe I won't ...

    Sep 17, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    You know... I just can't stop thinking about that colored kid Red killed. Back in the bank? I mean... I reckon I understand why he did, he told him not ...

    Sep 15, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Sounds like a Hallmark movie about some sports champion with cancer. It's OK. "Brotherly Arms."

    Sep 13, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Most Meaningful Quotes

    What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? Exactly .

    Sep 13, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Most Meaningful Quotes

    John Mills?? Detective John Mills.

    Sep 13, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: First Paragraph Feedback

    That was great. I haven't read fantasy in a long time, but that paragraph really eased you into the story. I like how you described his wings, without actually saying ...

    Sep 13, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Most Meaningful Quotes

    This is probably my favourite thing I've written. After going through some of the worst weeks of his life, John Mills talks to (or imagines talking to, you can interpret ...

    Sep 13, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Well, I reckon that'd be my wife. -- Red Peckinpah, Leader of the Red Peckinpah Gang. You a Beatles person, or an Elvis person?

    Sep 13, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: title-'the surprise'

    And the aliens are his mother. All of them.

    Sep 11, 2007


Poetry and prayer are very similar.
— Carol Ann Duffy