User avatar

Icaruss

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Good books about writing

    STORY: Substance, Structure, Style and The Principles of Screenwriting. It's by Robert McKee and it's not just for screenwriting. I mean, it's supposed to be, but it discusses character development ...

    Aug 28, 2008
  • Poetry Discussion Re: How doe everyone feel about Howl by Allen Ginsberg

    I like the first part. The second one about Moloch I didn't. Haven't read the third one.

    Aug 26, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What influenced you to write what you are writing right now?

    The story I'm currently writing came to me in Literature. We were discussing Picasso, and a student suggested that he started his cubist period because the paintings were easier to ...

    Aug 23, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Sandman by Neil Gaiman

    Comicbook. Comicbook. It's called a comicbook. And yeah, it's fantastic. The first volume was mindblowing, though I thought the second one, Doll's House, had some pacing issues. Haven't read the ...

    Aug 19, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: American Psycho

    Both the movie and the book are fantastic. Hilarious, stuff. Tell me the sex scene in the movie is not the funniest thing ever.

    Aug 19, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Worst Book You've Ever Read

    I'm tempted to say Lord of the Rings. I mean, the narrative is so boring that I just don't know how anyone can actually like those books. Then again, the ...

    Aug 17, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: What's the weirdest book you've ever read?

    Irvine Welsh always gets a little bit crazy with formatting. In Acid House he has pages filled with the word "LIGHT" and rectangles of meaningless narration scattered around. The plot ...

    Aug 17, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Speedwrite the word above you!

    bad

    Jun 14, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

    The subtle coffin was dressed with black, thorned roses, that reminded me of myself.

    Jun 1, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    People will probably talk about pleasant conversations and good restaurants but, hey, I'm not ashamed to say that a perfect first date, for a guy, is, hopefully, sex. -Tom. Have ...

    Jun 1, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Guess who?

    But this would entail having to have read the stories we're refering to.

    May 22, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Developing Dialogue making it count

    Oh, don't say that. Writing dialogue the way people talk is not only a good idea, but your obligation. There's nothing worse than reading a story where characters deliver speech ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Swearing In Stories

    Oh, come on now, people swear. Sometimes people tell me that I've used swearwords just to use swearwords, and hell, they may be right. Sometimes they just make a frase ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Rate The Idea Above You!

    Hmm. It looks like a set-up for a sitcom. In my cynical world, she would've been raped and killed. Then her friends would've been killed. Maybe raped? I give it ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Rate The Idea Above You!

    Alright, so I know we all got ideas that never see print. Mainly because we're never sure which ones are good, and which ones are bad. This activity will, I ...

    Nov 26, 2007


Every time someone steps up and says who they are, the world becomes a better, more interesting place.
— Captain Raymond Holt