User avatar

Icaruss

  • Lounge, The Re: English vs American writers

    There's no different in style. It's just the way the characters talk and the words used and the spelling, I guess. But I see no difference in style.

    Aug 24, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Do you think...

    Not at all. Guys like leather jackets and boots and football and beer. Girls like make-up and clothes and pink and each other. Basic writing 101.

    Aug 24, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Author Reccomender

    Typed in Irvine Welsh, Mario Vargas Llosa and Elmore Leonard. Got: Halldór Laxness...? Edit: googled him and it turns out he's an Icelandic novelist who won the Nobel Prize. So ...

    Aug 22, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: What are you currently reading?

    Finished "The Road," by Cormac McCarthy, and Bob Dylan's autobiography "Chronicles Volume One". Also read "From Hell," by Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell. Next up is "Filth," by Irvine Welsh ...

    Aug 20, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Best book you ever read

    Reading Trainspotting, by Irvine Welsh, was like getting kicked in the head. Everything that I read before it seemed irrelevant. Such a fantastic book. Changed the type of books I ...

    Aug 17, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Where was your book made?

    It's cheaper.

    Aug 17, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: craziest night of writing you have ever experienced?

    I wrote for about two hours then went to sleep. Woke up in the middle of the night. Summer, so I'm sweating like crazy. Can't go back to sleep. I ...

    Aug 11, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: The Dark Knight

    It's #1 on IMDB's Top 250 movies list right now, which I think is ridiculous. Look, I loved the movie as much as anyone, but it's not the best movie ...

    Jul 19, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Prose That Makes Me Puke

    Tolkien is as entretaining as gouging your own eyeballs out.

    Jun 26, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Animal Rights

    Animals are people too! Not to be rude here, but no, they're not. Some are close, I'll give you that, but no, they are not. SCIENTIFIC VIEWPOINT: We are homo ...

    Jun 22, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Teen 'pregnancy pact' has 17 girls expecting

    What a bunch of ******s. No swearing outside of your literary works, please. - Snoink

    Jun 22, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: A Dangerous, New Hallucinogen (You won't believe it!)

    That's great.

    Jun 22, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Critique the Person Above You!

    I object. Therefore, I've critiqued Dimension of Music by coryab I didn't forget about you: Invasion of the Penis Snatchers, man. So...

    Jun 19, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Reading 'Popular' Books

    Give me a break. People saying they don't like anything too popular are silly. I mean, if something is good, then read it/listen to it/watch it. The product doesn't change ...

    Jun 16, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: This is big and may be a solution to energy crisis

    Algae are people too! I hope you're kidding. No, I like this idea, if it would work. Undoubtedly, though, and I'm not sure if Icaruss is kidding or not, people ...

    Jun 14, 2008


Have you met a cow or another large animal?
— Liminality