User avatar

Icaruss

  • Lounge, The Re: Books to read before you die

    "The Green House" and "The Time of the Hero," by Mario Vargas Llosa. "The First Forty-Nine Stories," by Ernest Hemingway. "Trainspotting" and "Glue," by Irvine Welsh. "Small Gods," by Terry ...

    Jan 11, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: There are no men on Young Writers Society!

    Well, usually men like stories with blood and explosions and sex. Girls like girly things like pink and love stories and unicorns.

    Jan 11, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: There are no men on Young Writers Society!

    Well. Men are better writers than girls, so... Uh... Right?

    Jan 11, 2009
  • Official Polls Re: What is Your Favorite Part of Writing?

    Finishing a story, obviously. Everything else is a pain in the butt. Coming up with an idea is also pretty cool.

    Dec 19, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Survey

    1.Total number of books you own? Like, thirty-something. 2.What was the last book you bought? The script from the movie "Dioses." But that was just to see a movie script ...

    Dec 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Twilight vs. Harry potter

    I think it's funny how a lot of people who hate Twilight, talk about Harry Potter having three-dimensional characters and stuff. I'm not gonna say Harry Potter is the lowest ...

    Oct 20, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: What are you currently reading?

    "Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter," by Mario Vargas Llosa. Next up is: "Conversation In The Cathedral," by the same guy, or "No Country For Old Men," by Cormac McCarthy.

    Oct 15, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Attention College Students!

    Well, I could do something. But I'm a Peruvian College student so it wouldn't be very relevant.

    Oct 10, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: What are you currently reading?

    The Feast of the Goat, by Mario Vargas Llosa. I'm also rereading La Ciudad y Los Perros by the same guy, for Literature class.

    Oct 4, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Favorite shows

    The Sopranos is the best show ever made. Then... Arrested Development, Peep Show. Lost is great, too, and Nip/Tuck's first season is amazing. I didn't like the second and third ...

    Sep 29, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Living with humans has taught dogs morals, say scientists

    Pavlov's Dog.

    Sep 24, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: What Gender Is Your Browsing History?

    Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 63% Likelihood of you being MALE is 37% Which is weird, considering all the porn.

    Sep 1, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Screenwriting

    I do screenwriting. What do you want to talk about?

    Aug 31, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: The YWS Olympic Tally (Finalised)

    Since I didn't participate in any other event, I guess I'm stuck with what I got. Congratulations JFW, man, you're so far ahead that [insert clever racing analogy here].

    Aug 31, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: The Single Greatest Threat To Civilization

    I think Image removed. Funny, but too risque for this site - Nate applies. Add to that a threesome. And bears. And a man.

    Aug 31, 2008


You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...
— Dr. Seuss