User avatar

Icaruss

  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    They ask me why I do it... y'know, dress as a bird and fight crime, and all... I just tell them I do it for the kids. For them to ...

    May 12, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: YWS Needs A Mascot!

    Dragon? Boy, I didn't see that one coming. Kangaroos will stomp on your graves, Young Writers, on your graves!

    May 12, 2006
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Sorry Mom

    I can't believe GriffinKeeper was the first one who said it. This is a baaaad story. Wait. He... talked about bad writing conditions... OK. Then I'm probably the first one ...

    May 12, 2006
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: The Thick Headed Hero of YWS

    The dialogue is mildly funny, but you don't totally dominate the "awkward situation" scene entirely. Yes. I just said "awkward situation" as if its some kind of writing genre, but ...

    May 12, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: He Walked Among the Unspoiled Rushes

    That was really good. No, seriously, that was amazing. Your rythm, and your choice of language just help the reader get into the feelings you try -or at least I ...

    May 12, 2006
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: The Masked Crusading: Chapter 1

    The Masked Crusading , according to The Hawk. It’s not that hard to do. You know, saving the world and all. Everybody keeps praising us, for what we do, like ...

    May 12, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Sunday Sunlight

    The last part is the start of the story... Sorry. I just like to mix up the storylines. That's why the last sentence is the first --and that's why I ...

    Mar 27, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Sunday Sunlight

    Sunday Sunlight It wasn’t long till I found out where the bastard was. He was standing there, wearing them as if no one noticed. I sent him the look, but ...

    Mar 27, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Idea for a story

    Actually it does sound cliched, and I don't even read romance. I think that you could pull this off as a comedy. Other than that it will probably end up ...

    Mar 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: May I have a moment of your time?

    That's a cool setting for a novel and all but... Are you gonna quit school...? Cause if you are... don't. Not a good idea.

    Mar 24, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Topics of Conversation

    I'm supposed to pay up now, aren't I? Thanks for the crit. I corrected some of the things you pointed out. Like the missing question mark when Eddy starts to ...

    Mar 23, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: The YWS crit shop

    Here you go. Anybody, please. How about it? I have so many unused points I can give them away as quickly as I can give my... my... I didn't think ...

    Mar 22, 2006
  • Randomosity Archive Re: This word reminds me of...

    Black Sabbath

    Mar 19, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Circo Beat

    Circo Beat Some bastard is pissing, against a wall. The yellowish liquid bounces away, and flows towards some bum holding a piece of cardboard that reads: “I am blind. Help ...

    Mar 19, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    American Psycho , by Bret Easton Ellis. I'm also rereading Kingdom Come , by Mark Waid (and the great Alex Ross), which is always good.

    Mar 16, 2006


Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
— Paul Brandt