User avatar

Icaruss

  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    I'm a mean cat. But I don't make a hassle unless someone wants me to make a hassle, do you follow? I won't go picking on people, I'll tell you ...

    Sep 22, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Brotherly Arms

    Thanks a lot. That's probably one of the most helpful crits I've ever gotten. But you got to keep in mind this is just the start of the storyline, so ...

    Sep 21, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Jazz Hands

    This was amusing. I've done pure dialogue stuff, too. What you got to try and do is keep the conversational tone, but at the same time giving as much information ...

    Sep 19, 2007
  • General Articles Re: 300

    I wrote this for my school magazine, which I edit and write most of the articles for. It's called the Markham Wings. I wrote this a while ago. Markham Wings ...

    Sep 18, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: A creativity test.

    Swim. That light. I should go towards it, and then maybe I won't have to swim anymore. Swim. That light. I should go towards it, and then maybe I won't ...

    Sep 17, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: I can't outline!

    When I do outline (that is, when I'm writing a comicbook script or a long story I've got already figured out and just want to have clear in my head) ...

    Sep 16, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Brotherly Arms

    This is just the first segment (there's like twelve) of an unfinished short story. Right now, there's not much to 'R' it other than language, but it will get pretty ...

    Sep 15, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Too Darn Hot

    I've written romantic stories, but they're mostly pretty crude. You know, not mushy-mushy stuff, but things about phillandering, and failed romances, or one night flings, or guys... who feel guilty ...

    Sep 15, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    You know... I just can't stop thinking about that colored kid Red killed. Back in the bank? I mean... I reckon I understand why he did, he told him not ...

    Sep 15, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Sounds like a Hallmark movie about some sports champion with cancer. It's OK. "Brotherly Arms."

    Sep 13, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Most Meaningful Quotes

    What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? Exactly .

    Sep 13, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Most Meaningful Quotes

    John Mills?? Detective John Mills.

    Sep 13, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: First Paragraph Feedback

    That was great. I haven't read fantasy in a long time, but that paragraph really eased you into the story. I like how you described his wings, without actually saying ...

    Sep 13, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Tips to Creating an Ending

    Yeah, you have to plan an ending. I mean, not before you write the story up, but at least while you're typing a way, you have to have some idea ...

    Sep 13, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Surprises.

    I'm talking about plot-twists, revelations, sudden deaths, sudden kisses and the such. Many times, something that should be really shocking, comes in a way which makes it seems inconsequential. This ...

    Sep 13, 2007


The secret of being tiresome is to tell everything.
— Voltaire