User avatar

Icaruss

  • General Articles Re: Jackie Lawton's Tower

    All About the Fire, Dead Signals and Jack Lawton. By George Mills 1 : There’s a big pile of junk out on Jack Lawton’s backyard. He says he’ll use it ...

    Nov 1, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: historical fiction: how much can I fudge?

    Just don't say it's Auswichtz.

    Nov 1, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Untitled

    Man, I'm really glad more people read this. And yeah, I'm aware of the nonsensical sentences. They're just typos. I think I typed this directly to the post, I mean, ...

    Oct 30, 2007
  • General Articles Re: t

    Wait. I misread. Yeah, you can't drink in the car, but then you say you can't smoke either. I guess it is confusing then. I don't get it.

    Oct 29, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Sunny Days

    I liked it a lot. It's nice, and short. Not very helpful, I know, just wanted to make you feel good.

    Oct 29, 2007
  • Other Re: A Life

    Why is this here? It should be in the "Other Fiction" Category since, yeah, it's unusual, but not unusual enough not to be considered fiction. And, hey, first chapters are ...

    Oct 29, 2007
  • General Articles Re: t

    Sorry, but I didn't like this. It was just too boring. The way you narrated, it seemed monotonous and bleak. Maybe that was your intention, I don't know, but it ...

    Oct 29, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Critique the Person Above You!

    The Stranded

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Scripts Re: The Stranded

    Well... I don't know. I didn't find it that funny. The whole point of the play seems to be the narrator, and I just didn't find him that funny. I ...

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: In Need of Help

    So, alright. I know nobody cares or anything, but I just need to ramble about some things. I find myself knee-deep in half-finished stories and I need your help. Lately, ...

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Memento Mori

    Yeah, I know she didn't copy that story or anything. I just find it annoying when I've chosen a title and it's already been used by some other guy.

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: What do you like to see in a book?

    Drugs. Sex. Alcohol. You know, the works.

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Memento Mori

    Don't know if this is of any significance at all, but there's a pretty good and somewhat known short story called Memento Mori. It was written by Christopher Nolan's brother, ...

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: First Paragraph Feedback

    I don't know. I never like it when the first-person narrative tells a story. I mean, I know that sounds confusing but what I meant to say is that I ...

    Oct 27, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Stephen King No Plot Debate

    I always plot, but not on detail and it's never written in stone. I need a guideline to keep moving, or else I'll hit a block too early on. Maybe ...

    Oct 27, 2007


Poetry is my cheap means of transportation. By the end of the poem the reader should be in a different place from where he started. I would like him to be slightly disoriented at the end, like I drove him outside of town at night and dropped him off in a cornfield.
— Billy Collins