User avatar

Icaruss

  • Writing Activities Re: Rate The Idea Above You!

    It'd be OK if it wasn't for the silly, pre-packed twist at the end. 6/10. "Back Into The Gray" Two small time cons, ex-junkies, get a call from an uncle ...

    Jan 21, 2009
  • Scripts Re: Last Night Tonight

    Thank you both. I know Tommy is the weakest character, but I rather like that we're not sure who the hell he is.

    Jan 21, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Report a good member!

    Kylan is by far the best writer on the site.

    Jan 19, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I hate the way...

    From the movie I linked: "I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate ...

    Jan 16, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    My mind, I guess. I don't-- I mean, is that a sense? I don't know. Maybe, but... Like-- Because of all the stuff I... You know. I mean, things I ...

    Jan 14, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Sounds like a superhero. Or maybe a horror story about some kind of monster who howls. It's an OK enough title. "Back Into The Gray."

    Jan 14, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: The Color Thesaurus

    The problem with this kind of thing is that you can tell when the author is trying too hard. Like, when he's avoiding the words red or blue. And he ...

    Jan 14, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Books to read before you die

    "The Green House" and "The Time of the Hero," by Mario Vargas Llosa. "The First Forty-Nine Stories," by Ernest Hemingway. "Trainspotting" and "Glue," by Irvine Welsh. "Small Gods," by Terry ...

    Jan 11, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: There are no men on Young Writers Society!

    Well, usually men like stories with blood and explosions and sex. Girls like girly things like pink and love stories and unicorns.

    Jan 11, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: There are no men on Young Writers Society!

    Well. Men are better writers than girls, so... Uh... Right?

    Jan 11, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Playlist for you story/novel

    I'm writing a story about a weekend full of drugs and violence. "Horses," by Patti Smith seems like the appropiate soundtrack.

    Jan 11, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Book in a sentence

    Trainspotting: Heroin addicts in Scotland try to quit the habit, fail miserably, try again.

    Jan 11, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I hate the way...

    Jan 11, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: -

    Don't. Don't start the novel with a prologue that explains what the novel is about. The novel should explain what the novel is about.

    Jan 9, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Bad Weather.

    Thanks and welcome to YWS. (bump)

    Jan 9, 2009


One fish, two fish, red fish, aardvark.
— alliyah