User avatar

Icaruss

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Swearing In Stories

    Oh, come on now, people swear. Sometimes people tell me that I've used swearwords just to use swearwords, and hell, they may be right. Sometimes they just make a frase ...

    May 17, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Poptart

    Oh, God. I'm going to try to be honest here without trying to be mean or unkind. I always feel guilty about writing these kinds of reviews because, after all, ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Eat it up

    Oh, this is great. It is funny. Not bad funny but the rhyming and the words you choose really transmit the joy you're feeling. Like, we're happy about the fact ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Just Like Bobby Zimmerman's Blues

    Yeah, I know it's really weird. I'd never really written a poem before and I just vomited it straight to the post, singing the words for the melody of "Just ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Just Like Bobby Zimmerman's Blues

    I cannot explain the situation you've placed me in, Like, seriously, baby, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I just look around and see the things you've left behind, ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Other Re: Mid-Wife.

    PAGE ONE (5 panels, thin panels going from the top to bottom of the page) Panel 1 . We get a really red face. And it looks like she’s in ...

    May 17, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Epitomes In Pretend

    That was good. I mean, there are a couple of things I would change, but overall it's a good little piece. The idea you had about the glass being filthy ...

    May 17, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: THE BED.

    Anybody else want to read it?

    May 17, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: 042. Tinfoils, Earth Sans Soil [rewritten]

    I struggled to read this. It felt like a chore. Now, that doesn't necessary means it's bad, it's just not my kind of story. And it's not the plot, or ...

    May 16, 2008
  • WRFF Archive Re: There is no guarantee...

    =D I'd be happy with you critiquing any of my stories. No one ever seems to read my stuff. Be mean if you must.

    May 16, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: THE BED.

    Fixed the customer thing. Thanks for pointing that out.

    May 15, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Carson Layne's story

    No, I mean, you don't have to change it just 'cause I said so. What the hell do I know about good stories? Seriously, if you wanted to write a ...

    May 15, 2008
  • WRFF Archive Re: The Critique Hut

    Hello. I have a pretty big story if you want to review it. It's called The Edge of a Straight Razor , and it's about 14000 words long. I'd understand ...

    May 15, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Carson Layne's story

    This was fantastic. You have the voice of a really hard-boiled police procedural writer. The dialogue is good, and feels authentic, which is the most important thing. You don't have ...

    May 14, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: THE BED.

    THE BED. Today is a Monday. That means it’s Sarah’s turn. She is a screamer. Most of them just do their business, shuffle around on top of me, and let ...

    May 14, 2008


Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
— Lemony Snicket