User avatar

Icaruss

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Hungry Generations

    This was really good. And I do mean that. Your story has this fantasy aspect to it, this horror story feel that you never state, it's just there. And that's ...

    May 21, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: School Food Laced with Ecstasy

    That's hilarious.

    May 21, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: God Still Loves You (2)

    Oh, this was heartbreaking, in that turn-your-eyes-away-from-the-movie kind of way. It's sad and you know it won't have a happy ending, but you can't help but look. You write good, ...

    May 21, 2008
  • WRFF Archive Re: Poor Imp's Poor House - Poor No More

    Oh! Right! I did it for your contest, didn't I? I never really did thank you for that. It turned out pretty well, I guess, and if anything, it became ...

    May 21, 2008
  • WRFF Archive Re: Poor Imp's Poor House - Poor No More

    I've a rather large story in the Advanced Critique section called " The Edge of a Straight Razor ". But if you don't want to read that (it's like 14,000 ...

    May 20, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Carson Layne's story

    I liked Choices better.

    May 20, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Flashbacks—any tips while writing them?

    The hell with italics. Just jump around from the present, to the past, to the future, and don't even put: "John remembered", just make it a new paragraph and the ...

    May 20, 2008
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: colors of the sun.

    Random Thought #96: This just may be the best opening line I've read in quite some time. You set the tone for the rest of the piece immediately. Your characters ...

    May 19, 2008
  • WRFF Archive Re: Like your Lyrics?

    Well, all of my poems were originally songs. As in, I read them with a melody and tried to make them sound good said out loud. You can review any ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Romantic Novels Re: Bad Girls Need Love Too

    This is started out fine. No, not the little snip before the actual chapter, but the way the chapter begins. You narrate very well, using a few words to make ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Things Seen In Cab-Ride #276

    The wealthiest party in the poorest part of town, where old men masturbate to thoughts of wealthy suits and hybrid cars. And somewhere a woman's fallen down, she’s given up, ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Developing Dialogue making it count

    Oh, don't say that. Writing dialogue the way people talk is not only a good idea, but your obligation. There's nothing worse than reading a story where characters deliver speech ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Like Yoga

    I don't want to seem like an idiot, or a cold-hearted prick but this just made me roll my eyes. The simile, sure, is original but that doesn't mean it's ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: A Little Murmur

    Bah. This poems are always hard because they think they're clever. I'm not saying that as an insult or as if it's something bad, but they're all about holding out ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Don't Act All Hurt/Don't Be Silly

    You're moaning like you're really hurting, your tiny heart, you say, it's breaking, we both know that's a lie! You've conned your way into jobs, into relationships, and my thoughts, ...

    May 18, 2008


'The Answer to the Great Question... Of Life, the Universe and Everything... Is... Forty-two,' said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy