User avatar

Icaruss

  • Lounge, The Re: Do you think...

    Not at all. Guys like leather jackets and boots and football and beer. Girls like make-up and clothes and pink and each other. Basic writing 101.

    Aug 24, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What influenced you to write what you are writing right now?

    The story I'm currently writing came to me in Literature. We were discussing Picasso, and a student suggested that he started his cubist period because the paintings were easier to ...

    Aug 23, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Eliminating "to be"!

    Even though I would change the last sentence, I still like the first one better.

    Aug 22, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Author Reccomender

    Typed in Irvine Welsh, Mario Vargas Llosa and Elmore Leonard. Got: Halldór Laxness...? Edit: googled him and it turns out he's an Icelandic novelist who won the Nobel Prize. So ...

    Aug 22, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Greyhound

    Reviewing stories is hard shit. I don't want to sound too harsh, but it seems useless to just give praise to a story like it's been written by our generation's ...

    Aug 22, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: What are you currently reading?

    Finished "The Road," by Cormac McCarthy, and Bob Dylan's autobiography "Chronicles Volume One". Also read "From Hell," by Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell. Next up is "Filth," by Irvine Welsh ...

    Aug 20, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Sandman by Neil Gaiman

    Comicbook. Comicbook. It's called a comicbook. And yeah, it's fantastic. The first volume was mindblowing, though I thought the second one, Doll's House, had some pacing issues. Haven't read the ...

    Aug 19, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: American Psycho

    Both the movie and the book are fantastic. Hilarious, stuff. Tell me the sex scene in the movie is not the funniest thing ever.

    Aug 19, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Worst Book You've Ever Read

    I'm tempted to say Lord of the Rings. I mean, the narrative is so boring that I just don't know how anyone can actually like those books. Then again, the ...

    Aug 17, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Best book you ever read

    Reading Trainspotting, by Irvine Welsh, was like getting kicked in the head. Everything that I read before it seemed irrelevant. Such a fantastic book. Changed the type of books I ...

    Aug 17, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: What's the weirdest book you've ever read?

    Irvine Welsh always gets a little bit crazy with formatting. In Acid House he has pages filled with the word "LIGHT" and rectangles of meaningless narration scattered around. The plot ...

    Aug 17, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Where was your book made?

    It's cheaper.

    Aug 17, 2008
  • WRFF Archive Re: The Critique... Click?

    Kylan's coming up. The rest are done.

    Aug 15, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: I Love My Dirt; My Dirt Loves Me

    That was creepy. I can't even begin to imagine why people are calling the story cute. All I could picture is Mudface from Batman stuck on the ground, whispering things ...

    Aug 15, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: What The Hand's Have To Say

    This is a nice little piece of writing. I always find poems about specific things a bit silly-- they always remind me about this poem I wrote about my pencilcase ...

    Aug 11, 2008


The very worst use of time is to do very well what need not be done at all.
— Benjamin Tregoe