-
Re: Darling, Drink
Lovely little lurking thing we got here. Lyrical, pretty, concise... but too easy. This is easy to write. Maybe you know this, maybe you don't. "Darling, drink; seethe and breathe ...
Apr 25, 2010 -
Re: YWS's own... THREAD BOX POEM!
LetterLove I'm sick with passion. When you left, all your words and glances and moments so divine and beautiful, too articulate for speach, crawled up from the floor like some ...
Apr 7, 2010 -
Re: Sage Francis Emulation(critique as poem, or lyric)
I alone await patient dawn watching lightmold creep on my corpse of a lawn war of roses, feudal flowers fruitless. Futile was my prowress to harvest your love, useless. Dovestungdead, ...
Apr 6, 2010 -
Re: YWS's own... THREAD BOX POEM!
Breathing chords, steady as her voice pours, one piano note held from the tips of her tongue to the tip of her fingers; perfect pitch. A hypnotist, all the words ...
Apr 6, 2010 -
Re: YWS's own... THREAD BOX POEM!
Moments before the aluminum hail: I run to ruins, and it invites me with open arms. It turns to kiss me, embraces my lips, then swallows me whole. Then, the ...
Apr 5, 2010 -
Re: For easter, I suppose.
The consistency of your poem lies 100% on form. It's a landscape thing. That's pretty, Let's give your landscape character. Going to let you in on a secret of the ...
Apr 5, 2010 -
Re: he woke this morning into yellow [Hannah]
NaPoWriMo is a time for experimentation. First off, take out he/her dynamics. Completely. Wait, disclaimer. Yes, you write pretty, and you know this, and everyone knows this. If you want ...
Apr 5, 2010 -
Re: Metropolitan Man and The Sewer Rat [Full title too long]
Amazingly funny. The way you've captured the feel of a gritty graphic novel and made it a complete joke is lovely. You also have a keen eye for when to ...
Apr 3, 2010 -
Re: Write and Sleep
Hello there! Again... We have essentially identical problems here. You type a story because you are bored. Yes Yes. I can rhyme chair and hair as well. Let's take a ...
Apr 3, 2010 -
Re: The Answer
Mmmmmm. So first off, you're going to want ot ditch the rhyme scheme because it's tying your image to an anchor, sinks, stinks, sucks. Also, you have so few nouns ...
Apr 3, 2010 -
Re: For Kamas
This is something called the "Hourglass Formula". It's an excercise in experimental poetics and circular form. It must be read twice through with attention payed to what I call the ...
Apr 2, 2010 -
Re: I'll always be here!
Nouns are indeed a common theme today. And I agree. Start with a noun, any noun, and relate it's form to your sadness, and then strip the rhyme scheme. Try ...
Apr 2, 2010 -
Re: Wonderful Plague
Not true, there's a tangible surface. I'm going to explain that quote, indepth. Poetry that thrives off of the avoidance of forms usually lacks a solid enough foundation to capture ...
Apr 2, 2010 -
Re: YWS's own... THREAD BOX POEM!
There's music in that wheeze, exhale steady metronome of a tired lung, inhale nicotine bullets from a fitlered gun the slow click of breath, the way the chest sinks, the ...
Apr 2, 2010 -
Re: YWS's own... THREAD BOX POEM!
More rap curdled cusp, break down this town to dust some spontaneous combust, I trust fire to burn, I trust worms to squirm I trust boots to crush soundbooth bill-lusts ...
Apr 1, 2010
