User avatar

Howler

  • Archive Re: Aerolite

    Reed The sun started to set. Well, this meeting had been a complete waste of time. Aw well. Could've been worse. "Alright, well if there's nothing else going on, I'm ...

    Feb 18, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Alone (In the lunch room)

    First of all, welcome to YWS, so I'll welcome you as I welcome all new comers; with a picture of a piece of toast. Now, for my two cents on ...

    Feb 18, 2010
  • Archive Re: Brought to Life

    Buttercup It wouldn't have been so bad, I thought to myself. I should've apologized back, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I've only said sorry twice in ...

    Feb 17, 2010
  • Archive Re: Brought to Life

    Buttercup I thought back a little bit. Jenny was right. If I fought my way through my time here, I'd be nowhere. All I could do was chill out, unfortunately. ...

    Feb 17, 2010
  • Archive Re: Brought to Life

    Buttercup "Lunch starts any minute now, you can go ahead and go off to the lunch room. Have a nice day, Buttercup", said the teacher. I think her name was ...

    Feb 17, 2010
  • Archive Re: Brought to Life

    It took a lot of searching, and I watched many a PPG episode, but I found out that the original Buttercup, alonside the other PPGs, is in kindergarden. I'm sticking ...

    Feb 16, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: My Pale December

    I listened to that song, and a big thank you for putting it on here. I don't enjoy when people don't tell me what the song is. Sometimes hearing the ...

    Feb 16, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Lonely valentine

    I think everything that can be said to critique this piece has been said, and I've gotta agree with just about everything. Aside from those, I'm on the agreement that ...

    Feb 16, 2010
  • Writing Tips Re: How to add humor to writing?

    Comedy is one of the hardest things to write or to plan, and in a story like yours, I can't really say any different. The big thing is to have ...

    Feb 16, 2010
  • Archive Re: Camp Hillbay

    Sigh indeed. But I really had no idea how the chat between Jake and Annette would be, so I waited to see if Annette's creator would go on. If this ...

    Feb 16, 2010
  • Archive Re: Brought to Life

    Buttercup Alright, maybe that first move wasn't one of my better ideas, considering I was just kicked to the ground. I got right back up and psyched myself up. I ...

    Feb 15, 2010
  • Archive Re: Brought to Life

    Buttercup I took a bite out of the toast. It may have been some of the crappiest, most burnt food I'd ever eaten, but it was still the only food ...

    Feb 15, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Monster That Is Mine

    Not much to complain about, I really enjoy this piece. I can't put my finger on why, but it just feels...right. The moment I figure it out, I'll edit this ...

    Feb 15, 2010
  • Archive Re: Brought to Life

    Ooh...there's one that I kinda want to try in this SB. Character Name: Buttercup From what Movie, book, ect.: TV show; Powerpuff Girls Age: I never actually thought about that...let's ...

    Feb 15, 2010
  • OOC Archive Re: New Humanity

    I feel I should mention...this is awesome of you guys. I first tried to start this SB as a way to test an idea I had for a novel I ...

    Feb 14, 2010


Every time I’ve gotten feedback that was hard to take it was usually hard to take because there was truth in it and I didn’t like that (or didn’t want to receive it). That’s not to say all harsh feedback is good or that we should be harsh for harshness’ sake, but learning to absorb truth without letting it break your inner core/break you is a lifelong skill that keeps your mind elastic and open to learning.
— soundofmind