Random avatar

Horserider

  • Writers Corner Re: Need help with publishing!

    I tried a month ago to get published with my first novel. It did not go at all well and now it's back in the shop for a partial rewrite, ...

    Jun 9, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Andra (working title)

    I started querying agents today! Sent out 10 queries, so far received two form rejections: one in ten minutes and one in two. Incredibly fast times by today's standards when ...

    Apr 7, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Best Piece of Advice

    If you could give a new writer one piece of advice on writing, editing or publishing what would it be? I thought this would be fun and help out all ...

    Feb 22, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: What inspires/inspired you?

    My first finished novel was inspired by a dream. My dream later became one of the main parts for my book. I'm not really sure what inspired me to do ...

    Feb 3, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: High School students: 8. 9, 10 or 12 grade students?

    It could be any of them. Just remember that freshmen generally get picked on by the upperclassmen and the seniors are thinking about what they're going to do when they ...

    Jan 29, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Killing off main characters

    I agree with Avens on the Harry Potter analogy. It always hurts me when a character that I've come to know and love dies, but it most cases I realize ...

    Jan 28, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Writing Requirements

    1. Music. It just makes me feel better. I listen to my playlist or I go on aol radio and listen to whatever is playing. I listen to both country ...

    Jan 28, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Question!

    Don't make big cuts if you don't need to. A lot of small cuts can have as large an impact as editing out a whole chapter or scene. If anything, ...

    Jan 28, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: A Name For a Character

    Nick/Nicole or Nicolette Hayden goes either way Ashe/Ashley Jack/Jackie Christopher/Christy Jordan goes either way too

    Jan 28, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Question!

    Um...900 to 1,000 pages? Isn't that like all the Harry Potter books put together? Mine's about 350 pages long double-spaced in Word. At this point I'm thinking of querying it ...

    Jan 28, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Question!

    I've finished writing a 98,000 word YA fantasy novel. I'm worried that it's too long and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to cut it in ...

    Jan 27, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Andra (working title)

    It's about a girl that has a gift for persuasian she just doesn't know it yet. Her best friend develops a gift of talking to plants.

    Jan 27, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Andra (working title)

    :) I need to finish the second edit at least first. Chapter one needs a rewrite, so I'd rather not send it out until I feel it's perfect first.

    Jan 26, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Andra (working title)

    Andra is the first novel I've ever finished. I've gotten the ideas for many novels and started quite a few, but I've never even come close to finishing. It's in ...

    Jan 26, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Should I call a potential agent?

    No do not call an agent. Research any agent you find thoroughly. Each one has their own preferred contact. Some prefer email while others take only snail mail. Agents take ...

    Jan 26, 2009


You can cut all the flowers, but you cannot stop Spring from coming.
— Pablo Neruda