Random avatar

Horserider

  • Official Polls Re: What is Your Favorite Part of Writing?

    I like writing the story best. Just sitting at my computer and watching the words flow onto the pages. Sharing in my characters joy and sadness. I admit that I've ...

    Jan 26, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Andra (working title)

    :) I need to finish the second edit at least first. Chapter one needs a rewrite, so I'd rather not send it out until I feel it's perfect first.

    Jan 26, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Andra (working title)

    Andra is the first novel I've ever finished. I've gotten the ideas for many novels and started quite a few, but I've never even come close to finishing. It's in ...

    Jan 26, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Should I call a potential agent?

    No do not call an agent. Research any agent you find thoroughly. Each one has their own preferred contact. Some prefer email while others take only snail mail. Agents take ...

    Jan 26, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hi I'm New

    I see that you've finished a whole novel?! Congratulations! What is it about? Horses or fantasy? Or perhaps both?! Also, have you tried publishing it yet? I wish you good ...

    Jan 26, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hi I'm New

    Ok Haruno and Hannah. Hi it's nice to meet you. :D I don't use chatspeak. I used to and then I found that I'd started writing in chatspeak and that ...

    Jan 26, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hi I'm New

    Hi I'm new. Call me HR. I'm 15 and I'll be 16 in July. I've been writing ever since I can remember. I've started lots of novels, but I've only ...

    Jan 26, 2009


Way, way back in the 1988 Presidential election, then Vice President George H W Bush had a phrase he liked to use: "A Thousand Points of Light." It refers to the idea that a community is made up of people who contribute in a thousand, different small ways, but with each helping to illuminate their community. It's a phrase I think about a lot when it comes to YWS. Looking forward, the site will continue to change and grow, but it will always remain a community dedicated to promoting creative writing as a favorite pastime.
— Nate