Random avatar

Horserider

  • Research Re: Pirates

    There have always been pirates, since medieval times even to now. Hear about the pirates that attacked a cruise ship and hijacked cargo ships lately? So what you have to ...

    Jun 10, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: "Alone" Prologue

    “So much for never hit a girl,” thought Ryan to herself as they slammed her head pack into the pavement. Thoughts are usually indicated by italics. I think '' marks ...

    Jun 10, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Need help with publishing!

    Doesn't self-publishing cost a lot of money with little results unless you have a good platform from which to publicize? Just curious. I don't have anything against self-pub, just don't ...

    Jun 10, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Publishers? I dont get it..

    I didn't get publishing when I finished writing my first novel either. I just pretty much wrote out everything I know about agents and publishing here. :)

    Jun 9, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Need help with publishing!

    I tried a month ago to get published with my first novel. It did not go at all well and now it's back in the shop for a partial rewrite, ...

    Jun 9, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Do books take away our own imagination as writers?

    No my problem is finding out that there is already something like what I've written AFTER I'm all done writing. I think people like that are so obsessed with making ...

    May 30, 2009
  • Romantic Novels Re: I'm just a Friend....Just a friend (Part 1)

    Why does the sunset? In this case it should “sunset” should be two words. “Why does the sun set?” “ask something else.” Capital A ;) “Huh?” she asked, general, fake ...

    Apr 30, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Abandon

    I don’t know about you, but there is no way I think like that. Who’s writing? Do they really think like that? post dramatic stress syndrome I believe you mean ...

    Apr 30, 2009
  • Research Archives Re: Horses v Deer

    One hand = four inches. Average height depends on breed. Ponies are any horse below 14.2 hands. Average is probably between 15 and 16 hands. Draft horses are 17+ hands. ...

    Apr 7, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Andra (working title)

    I started querying agents today! Sent out 10 queries, so far received two form rejections: one in ten minutes and one in two. Incredibly fast times by today's standards when ...

    Apr 7, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Percy Jackson and The Olmpians by Rick Riodran

    I LOVE Percy Jackson and the Olympians! Book 5 comes out March 5th and I can't WAIT!!!! I need to reread the first four to refresh my memory...

    Mar 15, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Supernatural Deliverance

    I woke up feeling dizzy and painful. My head thumped like drum beats passing by and coming back again. I tried to focus my vision; it took a number of ...

    Mar 14, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Best Piece of Advice

    If you could give a new writer one piece of advice on writing, editing or publishing what would it be? I thought this would be fun and help out all ...

    Feb 22, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Secret Spot

    Thanks everyone for the reviews! I'm going to edit it some but the entries are due tonight and the time completely flew by! I didn't realize the contest was coming ...

    Feb 20, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Mutare: Chapter 1

    get you ass out of bed, now your not you For a last attemt at escape, attempt "Who the hell keeps letting you into my freaking house?" I mummbled into ...

    Feb 12, 2009


The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch somebody else doing it wrong, without comment.
— T. H. White