Random avatar

Horserider

  • Welcome Mat Re: New :)

    :smt006 Hi Berry! So how's it going? What kind of things do you like to write and read?

    Jun 17, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Telling vs Showing

    Telling instead of showing is one of the most common things I see wrong in stories. But what does showing and telling mean? Telling - Should not be used in ...

    Jun 16, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Dying, I have to add, isn't very fun.

    It growled. What growled? Colours swirled and time echoed in upon itself. Suddenly an unfathomable void cut into my imaginings like some stepping onto thin ice. This line confuses me. ...

    Jun 16, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Posting Work Online

    Whoa, I never realized this. Thanks for posting. I'm glad I've only posted the first two or so chapters of my 'novels'. This is okay, right? As far as I ...

    Jun 14, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Posting Work Online

    I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this, but I felt it needs to be said. There are problems with posting work online and then attempting to ...

    Jun 14, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: The Institute, Part Two

    That certainly wasn't true- they all worked in predictable ways. You have some sort of hyphen obsession. :) This should either be a ; or : There was a sound, ...

    Jun 13, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: The Institute, Part One

    “Willow?” I heard the door to the dojo slide shut. Door to the what? Is this slang I've never heard of? :shock: How is she really? Why does she have ...

    Jun 13, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Essential websites for anyone trying to get published

    ^ So, I might be a little biased because I'm (ahem) a moderator on this site, but I think it's a great resource for young writers. All of the authors ...

    Jun 13, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Crowded Thoughts

    Happens to me all the time. When I get a new idea, I write it down on this little Excel worksheet I have to keep all my ideas in. Then ...

    Jun 13, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Another Mary-Sue Test

    This is Claudia's score: Score Breakdown I Love Her, I Let Her Go 8 She's The Anti-Cool 1 I'm Destined For What? 3 Can't Complain 6 Momma HATES Her! 1 ...

    Jun 12, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Zelgoth

    As the last ray of the sun vanished behind the tower’s peak a sudden rage seemed to fill the crowd. This is a good hook. But put a comma after ...

    Jun 12, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: You know you're a writer when...

    Your parents are constantly urging to to develop some other hobby than what they call, "sitting typing away on that darnded laptop all day long." Yes! I live in constant ...

    Jun 11, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: You know you're a writer when...

    haha, all that is so true. You know you're a writer when life is one big storybook and you constantly narrate it in your head. I did that for YEARS, ...

    Jun 11, 2009
  • Research Re: Prevelance of the use of a word in current teenage culture

    I live in northeast US and I've never heard that before in my life. :)

    Jun 11, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: The Inkheart Series

    I read it because I always like to read books before watching the movie. Personally I felt it dragged on a bit and it wasn't all that unexpected, but other ...

    Jun 11, 2009


“If lightning is the anger of the gods, then the gods are concerned mostly about trees.”
— Lao Tzu