User avatar

Holysocks

someday, somewhere, somehow... something will happen

  • Writers Corner Re: Holy's Short Shorts (LMS)

    Uhhh not sure what to do for the third part/story so I figured I'd "brainstorm" a bit here. Maybe I'll get some ideas. I kinda want to write one about ...

    Mar 1, 2017
  • Writers Corner Re: Holy's Short Shorts (LMS)

    The Fifth Season #2 Title: How to Play With Fire Words: 1,110 The imp kisses me on a skyscraper (the one daddy told me not to play on) I blink ...

    Feb 26, 2017
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you choose your character's name?

    Something I forgot to mention too that I take into account a fair amount when naming characters: Keep'n it simple! Not to the point where names are boring, but I ...

    Feb 21, 2017
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you choose your character's name?

    Ohh this is my favourite part of creating a character. For me, I'm very free about how I choose character names- but at the same time, I'm someone that believes ...

    Feb 20, 2017
  • Writers Corner Re: Holy's Short Shorts (LMS)

    The Fifth Season #1 Title: Murdering Murder Words: 1,060 Her eyes glinted at me under the moonlight from her perch on steady oaks limb. I'd travelled over mountains and through ...

    Feb 15, 2017
  • Writers Corner Re: Holy's Short Shorts (LMS)

    Lareine made this cover for me: :3

    Feb 12, 2017
  • Research Re: Why 'protecting' teenagers from violence in media won't work

    An easy example is: two kids I grew up with. One of them wasn't allowed to play with toy guns. How were they going to shoot each other, then? Well, ...

    Feb 12, 2017
  • Writers Corner Re: New Tags for Writers Corner

    Huh, I've never heard the terms NA and MG. I've personally always lumped them all under YA or really just, never found a reason to label my work under age ...

    Feb 12, 2017
  • Writers Corner Re: New Tags for Writers Corner

    I'm loving the LMS tag. All of them look great to me. I'd like to suggest a Flash Fiction tag, but at the same time I'm not sure if anyone ...

    Feb 11, 2017
  • Writers Corner Re: Holy's Short Shorts (LMS)

    The creatures name will be Lemence, I think. And scrap the "wise willow" name I think. I want people to refer to Lemence as "the Fifths Season" or something more ...

    Feb 10, 2017
  • Writers Corner Re: Holy's Short Shorts (LMS)

    I'm playing with the idea of doing #4 on my theme list... AND so I wanted to do some brainstorming. The Fortune Teller/Wise Willow: There IS going to be a ...

    Feb 7, 2017
  • Writers Corner Re: LMS Short Story Anthology - We May Never Breathe Again

    *high fives other short-story warrior* I'm not sure what you mean by "going back over characters". Like, are you starting from one character and onto the next until seven and ...

    Feb 7, 2017
  • Writers Corner Re: Holy's Short Shorts (LMS)

    There was a power outage this morning, so I actually sat down and thought up some ideas that I might want to do as themes for my short stories. Reading ...

    Feb 7, 2017
  • Writers Corner Re: Holy's Short Shorts (LMS)

    ALAS this year I'm finally going to participate in the Last Man Standing competition! I'm TERRIFIED. I'm doing short stories, as a warrior, and i still don't know what my ...

    Feb 7, 2017
  • Writers Corner Re: what's in a memoir

    To add on to what Nate's saying, sort of- I think Stephen King's memoir is sort of what you're going for, and yet follows a theme like Nate said. In ...

    Jan 10, 2017


'Tis the season to shovel enormous amounts of watermelon into your mouth while hunched over the cutting board like a dehydrated vampire that hasn't fed on blood in four hundred years and the only viable substitute is this questionable Christmas-colored fruit.
— Ari11