User avatar

Heidigirl666

  • Writers Corner Re: How long should you wait?

    I usually leave very little time, which can be a bad thing because you're too involved in your novel and not looking at it objectively enough. I'd try and leave ...

    Mar 26, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A quote to start your book

    I love quotes, hoard them in my computer and quote them to other people whenenver I can, but in my writing, no, never. I don't want to rely on other ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Does age really matter?

    I personally wouldn't put my age if I were only fifteen. I'm sure publishers don't discriminate purposefully because of age, but if you see that someone is thirteen or fourteen ...

    Mar 22, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: How do you like your writing to look in a writing program?

    I had a phase where I went changing the fonts every five seconds, and then a phase of doing it in really tiny writing, mostly because then it makes nice ...

    Mar 20, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Favorite Form of Procrastination?

    Play Minesweeper. Or Tetris. Or post on forums. :roll: I've always wanted to know though, is saying the word 'procrastination' a bit of an American thing? In the UK, if ...

    Mar 16, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Is your first sentence ugly?

    Maybe you're just seeing examples of first lines that you don't like. It's all down to opinion. I'd have to say I didn't agree with much of that; it's probably ...

    Mar 16, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: 3rd Person to Diary, Good Idea?

    Personally I would avoid it; switching perspective is one thing, but changing from third to first person will most likely ruin the flow, and seems unnecessary to me. Stick to ...

    Mar 16, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Need TITLE to finnished book!

    I always get that. :roll: Luckily I began my most recent novel with a title so didn't get to the end without one. I did have this problem with my ...

    Mar 16, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: A Synopsis?

    Write out what happens right at the beginning. Write out what happens right at the end. Then fill in the gaps with the bare essential events which move one thing ...

    Mar 11, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Need help deciding on a collage major

    Don't worry about it for many years to come is my advice. :roll: I always thought it was bad enough having other people pressuring you about what you're going to ...

    Mar 11, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Music & Writing

    I play music all the time while I'm writing. Not only does it drown out any other distracting sounds, but I think it really helps if I play music that's ...

    Mar 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Do you carry a notebook with you?

    Not always. If I'm really into something, I'll carry my notebook everywhere so I can write whenever the mood strikes me, but I usually manage to retain ideas that pounce ...

    Mar 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Fighting scenes

    Oh, me too, I'm not great at fight scenes. I think conciseness (that doesn't look like a word, but I'm sure it is) is the way to go though. Fights ...

    Mar 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Agent or Publisher: who do I contact first?

    Yep, agent probably best. Publishing companies are more likely to consider manuscripts sent to them through an agent, as it's already gone through their selection process, and an agent won't ...

    Mar 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing from the POV of the opposite gender?

    It's funny actually, I used to write a lot from a girls POV, but everything I've written in the last few years even has been mostly from a guy's perspective. ...

    Mar 7, 2008


It always seems impossible until it's done.
— Nelson Mandela