User avatar

Heidigirl666

  • Fiction Discussion Re: At what age did you start writing and

    I seriously don't think I can remember... :? I only have a vague recollection of scribbling stuff down in the back of my old school books when I was about ...

    Apr 21, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: self-criticism

    Believe me, that is a GOOD thing. I once found a good quote that said something along the lines of what makes a good writer is spending ages writing, then ...

    Apr 21, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: First Novel?

    I would probably agree it's a not a good idea. I think in reality most people, regardless of their talent, need a few practice novels, certainly when you start writing ...

    Apr 21, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Writer's Temperament

    I have most of those qualities, and I think I was almost certainly kind of 'born' to write, but that doesn't mean you don't have to practise. :wink: My biggest ...

    Apr 20, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    'I don't have a clue what anyone is talking about...'-Blake 'That's because they like to change the subject all of a sudden. It's probably down to impatience.'-Ethan 'What's this about ...

    Apr 18, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Writing something you haven't experienced

    I think it's definitely all down to imagination and having the ability to empathise; if you have a strong sense of empathy it's easy to imagine what your characters might ...

    Apr 18, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    'What, you can control the wind? That is like...sweet man, seriously.'-Blake 'I dunno, I can think of better powers to have, like being able to walk through walls.'-Ethan 'Yeah, but ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Grammar Question

    Oh, I get migraines too. They're awful. Although mine tend to be the 'my brain is about to go splat in my skull, must lie in dark room and die' ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    'But poisoning would be so fun...'-Blake 'Yeah, and we can be up on more murder charges. That would just be so fun. Not.'-Ethan 'Okay, okay, a compromise, we'll poison the ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. I'm taking a bit of a break from fiction and exercising the curious part of my brain. Yesterday I was reading ...

    Apr 9, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Sex- To post, or not to post

    I think you should be able to write in as much sex as you like. If it's important to your story, and as long as it's not outright porn, then ...

    Apr 9, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Lord of the Flies

    Um...it's supposed to be disturbing!!!!! :roll: What's the fun in reading stuff that's all rainbows and fluffy bunnies? :? :roll: It's not a favourite book of mine. I thought it ...

    Apr 9, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    'I was thinking like Taylor. He's a b******. He needs poisoning.'-Blake *Ethan looking confused* 'Who the hell is Mr Dalliard?'

    Apr 9, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Swearing In Stories

    I don't swear that often; probably because if anyone in my family saw it they'd be pissed. But swearing - especially f--k and b--ch and s--t, they just degrade the ...

    Apr 4, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    'Are we poking people now?' *Gets wicked glint in his eye* 'I certainly do make noises when I get poked, I rather enjoy a bit of poking...' (Ahem. Do excuse ...

    Apr 4, 2008


The brain is wider than the sky.
— Emily Dickenson