-
Re: Is homosexuality a psychological disorder or is it inate?
You cannot choose your sexuality; you can choose what sexual behaviours you engage in, but you cannot choose who you are attracted to, and sexuality is not defined by your ...
Mar 28, 2008 -
Re: Legalize Pot?
In a perfect world, there would be no nicotine, alchohol, marajuana, or any other drug that serves no real purpose. But we don't live in a perfect world, so that ...
Mar 28, 2008 -
Re: Religious tolerance: what does it mean to you?
I agree, believing in creationism and not evolution is fine, teaching creationism in science class, not fine. For one thing it isn't science, and it is not a valid scientific ...
Mar 28, 2008 -
Re: Religious tolerance: what does it mean to you?
I found a good definition of tolerance recently; that, contrary to opinion, it is not being accepting of all beliefs, but respecting someone's right to believe differently from you even ...
Mar 27, 2008 -
Re: Legalize Pot?
I think it should be legalized under similar conditions as alcohol. I don't see the difference between smoking a spliff and having a few beers. And cannabis is not physically ...
Mar 27, 2008 -
Re: Christmas.
The important thing is, we are celebrating the birth of the person who is the reason we are Christians. Dismissing it as unimportant is rude to thoes of us who ...
Mar 25, 2008 -
Re: Would you rather be deaf, blind, or mute?
None of them would bother me since I can touch type. That's the only thing I'd worry about if I was blind, being able to write. :D If I woke ...
Mar 25, 2008 -
Re: Gay people and Adoption
Ooh, I love going off on a tangeant. Actually, if you examine the bible closely then it says very little about homosexuality; at the most it probably makes a vague ...
Mar 25, 2008 -
Re: BSL is it right?
They've had a lot of talk about this in Switzerland where I live recently, because of one or two attacks on young children. However, these were with dogs who had ...
Mar 25, 2008 -
Re: Existence of Hell
the Bible is full of very jewish eschatological (end of the world) imagery It was my understanding that there isn't actually a lot of mention of hell in Judaism, so ...
Mar 24, 2008 -
Re: Standardized Tests
:shock: Yikes. The only multiple choice exams we ever had were for our modular exams for Double Science GCSEs, and everyone knows Double Science is useless anyway... :roll: Talk about ...
Mar 24, 2008 -
Re: Standardized Tests
Us too for our GCSEs. We just kept getting told 'you need to put this, this and this for the exam'. I think I wasted a good few years of ...
Mar 24, 2008 -
Re: Stereo types: more or less true?
Stereotypes are like charicatures, they are huge exaggerations, but the particular traits that they often show do come from somewhere. They either come from outdated ideas that have hung around, ...
Mar 24, 2008 -
Re: How Old is Too Old?
If you're both adults then it shouldn't matter, but it depends on a lot of things, particularly that both people are similar in terms of emotional maturity. My brother is ...
Mar 22, 2008 -
Re: Abortions
I think you mean between they work between 95-99% of the time, and fail 1-5% :wink: Strictly speaking, I don't think there is anything wrong with abortion if it is ...
Mar 21, 2008
