-
Re: Where did the Dinos Go?
:? No wonder you're confused. I'm not sure there is a way to make the literal translation of the bible fit with science; however, it you take a more symbolic ...
Apr 18, 2008 -
Re: Are Mormons Christians?
Can you honestly say that you follow the Bible to the letter? Had any shellfish lately? Had a hair cut? Worn clothes made of two cloths? I suspect the answer ...
Apr 17, 2008 -
Re: The Best Government
Of course. :D We have a working transport system (so much so that a lot of people don't even have a car-we never use ours), cannabis is up to be ...
Apr 17, 2008 -
Re: Why do you believe/not believe in God?
One of the big reasons would be that both of my parents are Christians. I was taught to be a Christian growing up, and everything about it just makes perfect ...
Apr 17, 2008 -
Re: Why do you believe/not believe in God?
I'd really like to know everyone's opinions; why do you believe/or not believe in God and/or prescribe/not prescribe to a theism (i.e. religion)? To me, a belief in a supernatural ...
Apr 16, 2008 -
Re: The Best Government
Switzerland is a direct democracy. :wink: We do have votes on everything . Although granted, there's a very small population in Switzerland and it can take rather a long time ...
Apr 16, 2008 -
Re: Freewill and Sin in Religon
Being 1/3 Christian, this is how I look at it. Believing in Christ is only the beginnging. The word "christian" implies "one who is like Christ". Being like Christ means ...
Apr 16, 2008 -
Re: Global Warming
But according to you, there is nothing miraculas about this awe inspiring rock in space. Its just here, and we have no purpose. That is correct. I wouldn't say it ...
Apr 15, 2008 -
Re: The Best Government
I agree. Hard work is relative. While being a doctor might be intellectually hard (i.e. you have to know a lot and learn a lot to become one), other jobs ...
Apr 15, 2008 -
Re: Freewill and Sin in Religon
It's not ignorance. It's hypocracy. :wink: The idea of believing in God and following the bible simply for reward (i.e. you get to go to heaven and live in paradise) ...
Apr 15, 2008 -
Re: The Best Government
Actually, the definition of communism is not 'everyone is equal and earns the same amount'. The definition of communism is 'each to his needs'. (actually it might be marxism, which ...
Apr 15, 2008 -
Re: Oprah Winfrey
I can see this getting to people insulting each other. Perhaps everyone could be more tolerant of each other? :wink: If you're going to start arguing over religion, try saying ...
Apr 15, 2008 -
Re: Illegal Music Downloads
Um, but the less money the record companies make, the less money the artists get. :wink:
Apr 15, 2008 -
Re: The Energy Crisis
Here in Switzerland the most electricity is generated from hydroelectricity (53%) and nuclear power (42%). Luckily it's mountainous, which makes hydroelectricity practical (as our school science teach
Apr 15, 2008 -
Re: Foster Care System of America
I don't know much about the US foster system. I know how it works in the UK, but it seems to me (only from what I've seen on TV I'm ...
Apr 14, 2008
