User avatar

Heidigirl666

  • Writing Tips Re: Character Names

    I always just choose normal names that I like; my characters are supposed to be normal people so if I gave them really unsual names it would just be weird. ...

    Apr 25, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    'Does anyone really need that many names?'-Blake 'Yeah, like wouldn't one do? But really, don't do anything even remotely to do with blood.'-Ethan 'Yeah, you'll make him faint.'-Blake 'I do ...

    Apr 24, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Swear words in a story

    I swear liberally in my recent novel, and I wouldn't change a thing. It's impossible to get away with saying 'he swore' all the time when half the novel is ...

    Apr 24, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Are Fewer Pirates causing Global Warming?

    I mean beer volcanoes in heaven? And a Stripper Factory. I'm assuming there's a male stripper factory as well, since it didn't specify. ;-) I am embracing my pastafarianism whole ...

    Apr 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Different Beliefs

    Exactly, each to his own and all that. :wink: Pastafarianism is perfect to me. I was an athiest, but I have been touched by the Flying Spaghetti Monster's noodly appendage. ...

    Apr 23, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Are Fewer Pirates causing Global Warming?

    I have finally found the one true religion. :wink: I mean beer volcanoes in heaven? What more could you want? And it makes so much sense. :pirate1:

    Apr 23, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Are Fewer Pirates causing Global Warming?

    I am a newly converted Pastafarian, and am utterly shocked at this recent revalation which I felt I just had to bring to everyone's attention; I know what's causing global ...

    Apr 23, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Different Beliefs

    I believe the earth is really made of play dough and we are all robots. We just don't know it. What, you don't believe in The Flying Spaghetti Monster? :shock: ...

    Apr 23, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Mommy's Bus

    I really liked this, it was a really sad and powerful piece of writing and you got the tone of a young child perfect. The only thing I'd have to ...

    Apr 23, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Death Penalty

    What are everyone's opinions on the death penalty? Couldn't remember seeing a discussion on it, and had a flick through and still couldn't see anything, so it's as good a ...

    Apr 23, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    'I don't see what's wrong with wearing make-up. It's only a little eyeliner and lip gloss. You can hardly see it, and I like it. Besides, duh, gay.'-Blake 'You mean ...

    Apr 22, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Evolution Facts.

    I have come to my own conclusion. God. Nobody made me say that, and I could easly go and say there isn't one. But that would be going againsed why ...

    Apr 22, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Evolution Facts.

    Surely there is a point where blind faith is not a good thing. Isn't that simply blindly following what you're being told? And isn't believing everything you're told without at ...

    Apr 21, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    'It's not like paint. It's lovely strawberry flavour.' *Scowling* 'Well, I can't help it if I always thought it was sloveen. I've only seen it once. We only have four ...

    Apr 21, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    'I get it down the canteen...'-Blake 'Shop. Talk English for the nice people, and not prison talk. He means shop.'-Ethan 'Yeah, we have a little bitty shop. Have to order ...

    Apr 21, 2008


It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
— Neil Armstrong