-
Re: Teen and Premartial Sex
I can only go 'huh???' :shock: :? You're saying the perception of others is more important than having a fulfilling relationship with someone (whether it involves sex or not), and ...
May 4, 2008 -
Re: Addiction
I've just been reading a book actually, a lot of which centres on people with drug addictions. It's actually a book about Monty Don (if you haven't heard of him, ...
May 4, 2008 -
Re: The freedom to lie?
I don't know; I'm in two minds about this. In an idealist world, everyone would like to think freedom of speech should mean exactly that, freedom to say exactly what ...
May 2, 2008 -
Re: Penny Apiece
:shock: Can I give you advice? Don't call your character that. It is an English slang word which means a certain part of a girl's anatomy. :oops:
May 2, 2008 -
Re: Hedonism
My thoughts are getting complicated and all deep and meaningful about this, so this might not make much sense... But anyway, I don't see how seeking pleasure for yourself can ...
Apr 30, 2008 -
Re: Teen and Premartial Sex
As far as I'm concerned, you should have sex with whoever you want to. Why shoud marriage suddenly validate having sex? As long as both parties are of the legal ...
Apr 30, 2008 -
Re: Legalize the Sale of Kidneys?
The idea of someone selling their organs is rather abhorrent. For one thing, despite preconceptiions, it has a big effect on the donor, including a long recovery period and significantly ...
Apr 30, 2008 -
Re: God: Clockmaker or Referee?
I mean, he wasn't terribly careful when he created the world... How so? :? Well, you see, for us members of Pastafarianism (or Flying Spaghetti Monsterism) a theory of unintelligent ...
Apr 29, 2008 -
Re: God: Clockmaker or Referee?
The flying spaghetti monster is definitely a bit of both. For example, global warming is his punishment on us for the lack of pirates in the world. However, I don't ...
Apr 29, 2008 -
Re: An Asylum Seeker Life: £46
I think that you mean sexual orientation. :wink: Gender is whether you are male or female. Actually the 1951 UN convention defines asylum as this: "Article 1 of the Convention ...
Apr 29, 2008 -
Re: What if I don't have anything to put?
I am entering into the sticky territory of sending off sample chapters and synopses (is that the right plural?) of my novel off to literary agents, and it is now ...
Apr 28, 2008 -
Re: Character dialogue
'I'm confused too.'-Blake 'Me too. If it helps. Everyone here confuses me. Why can't anyone make sense round here?'-Ethan 'I dunno. They probably like being confusing.'-Blake 'I don't know why ...
Apr 26, 2008 -
Re: Someday
I really liked this, it was really sweet. The only thing I'd have to say is that the kids all having speech impediments is very distracting and annoying. :wink: There ...
Apr 25, 2008 -
Re: Flashbacks—any tips while writing them?
I'd suggest not using italics, unless it's so short it's only a few sentences long. I agree, it's irritating to read in italics if it's longer than a certain length. ...
Apr 25, 2008 -
Re: Character Names
Would you consider Tara(my name) to be a strange name? Or Kali? Or Hester? Or Dee? I would. 'Cause in my "wee group" there are five of us(yeah I know ...
Apr 25, 2008
