User avatar

Heidigirl666

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Death Penalty.

    The idea of the death penalty abhors me. The US is the only developed country which still has it-or at least still uses it. (And still sentences children-those under eighteen ...

    Feb 28, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Earthquake in England

    My sister is at boarding school in Market Rasen where the epicentre was, and when I heard about it on the news this morning I texted her to ask her ...

    Feb 27, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Wuthering Heights

    Ahhhh!!!! :thud: Couldn't stand Wuthering Heights. I really had to struggle to get to the end back when I read it. I found it irritating, involving far too much whinging ...

    Feb 26, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Atonement by Ian McEwan

    I started to read it, because my mum said it was really good, but I just couldn't get into it. The beginning where Briony is putting on a play with ...

    Feb 26, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Brainstorming

    I don't really do it at all, except for things like writing synopses if I want to summarise my book, then I find it helpful to do a spider diagram ...

    Feb 26, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: the writer apart from the writing

    You're not making much sense. :wink: but there is a well known quote: An author in his book must be like God in the universe, present everywhere and visible nowhere. ...

    Feb 26, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Angels Fall

    I thought this was really good, I wouldn't be at all discouraged at it being rejected. It is a very strong piece of writing. Some of it made me laugh; ...

    Feb 26, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Finding a good agent

    Have you got a recent copy of the Writer and Artist's Year Book? That has a list of literary agents, and tells you which ones are a member of the ...

    Feb 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you write your novel?

    I write very rough drafts of odd scenes in a lined notebook (although a lot I don't plan to use in my main novel, I just use it to get ...

    Feb 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: The Novel: Some Basic Advice

    :lol: Good for those authors for going that far in their research. Can you imagine if everyone could do that? Only practical for when you're famous and can go jetting ...

    Feb 25, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello

    Just thought I'd pop in and say hello. I have been using another writer's forum, but I got a bit old for it :roll: Hope everyone here is as friendly ...

    Feb 25, 2008


You must never give into despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road, and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.
— Uncle Iroh